Complex music, and NAT Audio pre

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recommended for Bonzo to listen a collection of orchestral works by different composers.
IMO, great fun to listen to. Many crescendo's.

single audio cd includes:

Maurice Ravel, Bolero

Manuel De Falla, The Three-Cornered Hat

Nikolai Rimsky Korsakov, Capriccio espagnol

Emmanuel Chabrier, Espana

Joaquin Turina, Danzas fantasticas

Manuel De Falla, Ritual Fire Dance.

Recording company is DECCA ovation.

numbers mentioned on the back cover:

425 084-2 DM

BA 924

Thanks. Rimsky-korsakov heard a HDCD from Reference Recordings of Scheherazade at Paul (Ps68)'s place, brilliant. London Symphony Orchestra

Thanks. Rimsky-korsakov heard a HDCD from Reference Recordings of Scheherazade at Paul (Ps68)'s place, brilliant. London Symphony Orchestra
IMHO it's brilliant all the way up until Serebrier decides to race to the finish in the fourth movement - I was in heaven until then. I do love Scheherazade and probably have more versions of it than any other piece.

AQ is terrific, as with pretty much all the RR HDCDs.

IMHO it's brilliant all the way up until Serebrier decides to race to the finish in the fourth movement - I was in heaven until then. I do love Scheherazade and probably have more versions of it than any other piece.

AQ is terrific, as with pretty much all the RR HDCDs.
Racing to the finish is also a hazard with Bolero. If I recall correctly, a review I read way back when stated that von Karajan's is one of the best, with a steady tempo to the end.

This is a very good discussion on the Pictures Symphony

Scheherazade on the 9th at Barbican. The acoustics there are supposed to be good. London Symphony Orchestra / Rafael Payare

Back