System #483 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpohlman

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Joe Pohlman

2. Location: Mckinney Tx

3. ML Model(s): Vantage, Depth subwoofer

4. Year Purchased: 2011

5. Mods/Changes: None

6. Associated Electronics: Parasound HCA-1205A, Outlaw Audio 990 pre/pro, B&K ST-140

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:

I decided to build a home theater one day. I fell in love with electostats from Mageplaner several years ago an decided to incorporate electrostatic speakers as a part of the new theater. I auditioned the Vantage and made the purchase along with the Depth sub. This broke my budget at the time and had to go with the Outlaw to finish off the build. I already had the parasound and the B&K.

Even with this setup the system sounds very good. However the Parasound does't match well with ML. Bass is boomy and uncontrolled, and the midrange is a bit too bright. Highs are well defined and very pleasant. The B&K amp works well with the Logans, amazingly well considering the price point of the amp. The Vantages sound sweet and light with the B&K, but the bass does suffer sounding weak and strained.

Attachments

• 2014-07-22 21.19.51.jpg
    2014-07-22 21.19.51.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, nice system .......... I think...........try getting a better pic !

Yeah, taken from my Jurassic age Galaxy S0 phone. I am in the early stages of a upgrade. Looking at Musical Design amps and some new digital gear from Exemplar

Setup

Yeah, taken from my Jurassic age Galaxy S0 phone. I am in the early stages of a upgrade. Looking at Musical Design amps and some new digital gear from Exemplar

If I'm not mistaken the vantages have there own bass amp and really should not be bass heavy it sounds like you have them to close to the wall or corners. Try adjusting your speaker location and sub. This should correct all the problems u mention. The amp only drives the panels nothing to do with the bass.

Latest posts

Back