amp upgrade

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpohlman

Reaction score
Hi,

I am upgrading my system to replace the parasound HCA-1205 (120wpc) amp with some Musical Design Hybrid amps. The two options are either the 75Wpc model or the 100wpc version. The 75w is more in my budget. My question is will the lower power amp sufficiently drive the Vantage speakers?

There is almost no difference in the output of the amps (a 1.25dB difference), so it will come down to which interfaces better with your speakers.

If you're buying from a dealer, get him to loan you both amps so you can try them out at home.

I always believe in having extra power in reserve, but then the Vantages have a powered woofer.

given your concerns mentioned in your system post about the performance of your Parasound, I know that Parasound matches quite well with the Hybrid Logans. So ……….either you have set up issues or there is something wrong with your amp.

Hard to say since I haven't heard either side by side. However, extra power might be good. That said, it's not a guaranteed of better sound.

Latest posts

Back