Greetings from Lake Zurich, Illinois!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EscritorJuan

Reaction score
Greetings,

I go by Escritor Juan on this page, and I live in Lake Zurich, Illinois. I have had a pair of Martin Logan reQuests for the last three years and, before that, a pair of Martin Logan Sequels for several years. An old, but re-capped Mark Levinson ML-9 amplifier does the workhorse duties of driving the system. They've made for amazing two channel home theater, as well as great purveyors of rock, jazz, house, gospel, and -- yes -- country music. I am in the process of saving up for a first rate DAC to facilitate the playing of high resolution computer files. In the meanwhile, a Samsung Blu Ray player, a Roku media player and, (don't laugh) a Technics 1200 turntable with the Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge are the primary means that I listen to music on the system.

That said, I am selling the reQuests, as my wife feels that they dominate our living room. You can go to the Classified section here and look for it or, if I don't have those privileges, you can go to Audiogon and look for Martin Logan reQuest speakers.

One of the joys of taking in good music and HD movies through this system is that I have turned my wife of three years and my stepchildren onto good, high fidelity sound. When my amp was in the shop and I had to wait for a loaner, we were ALL in withdrawal from listening to it!

Anyways, happy listening, my friends,

Juan, AKA EscritorJuan

Juan, Welcome aboard………nice little 'audio journey' to get here !

Hi Dave,

WOW!!! That is one beautiful system!

Sigh. I just finished installing some hardwood floors, so you know the drill -- money, money, money! One of the benefits, though, is that the sound system is more acoustic and lively sounding with the wood, as opposed to the old carpeting!

ML1A.jpgReQuests NEW 8.jpgReQuests NEW 8.jpg

Cheers,

Juan : )

Miles Davis Coffee.jpg

With the reQuests sold, I now am the proud owner of a pair of Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE speakers. They have an incredible midrange, but are a little soft on the low end. So, I'm looking at subwoofers to add into my system around Christmas. One possibility is the Martin Logan Grotto. Anyone familiar with the Grotto?

Cheers,

Juan

View attachment 17183

With the reQuests sold, I now am the proud owner of a pair of Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE speakers. They have an incredible midrange, but are a little soft on the low end. So, I'm looking at subwoofers to add into my system around Christmas. One possibility is the Martin Logan Grotto. Anyone familiar with the Grotto?

Congrats on the Schweikerts, great speakers. They are certainly different sounding than MLs, but both are great. I had a Grotto with my MLs and it is a very good sub. It delivers tight musical bass but it is not the end-all if you want home theater rumble. You might want to look at something like SVS which, for the $ make very good subs for music and HT. If your budget allows, JL Audio and Rel would be might first 2 choices for best all around subs.

Latest posts

Back