ceiling mounts for Motion 15?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Picked up a pair of motion 15's last year and im now moving into a house pretty soon so I want to use these for mids now instead of rears. Did some research on what mounts work with the motion 15 and only really came up with 2

1) omnimount 20.0c
2)vantage point bsm-b

However living in canada these are releativly tough to cost effectivly locate where I am. Does anyone have any other suggestions or experiences with ceiling mounting motion 15's and if someone is useing something other than the mounts I posted can they please post pics?

Glad you found Martin Logan Owners Forum.

I own a pair of Motion 15's that I really enjoy listening to. They require proper set up. Meaning ideal location within the room, cables and matching electronics.

Moving the Motion 15's to a different room requires first experimenting with the location of speakers within the room.

You may find it difficult to experiment with loudspeaker positions if you plan to attach Motion 15 using mounts, to ceiling or wall.

My subjective advice is I would not recommend using mounts. Rather employ a pair of speaker stands.

I would recommend Focal Chorus S700 Speaker Stand. This simple, rock-solid stand is 24 inches high and is at home supporting almost any brand of bookshelves.

Price pair USD 199 in black satin.

Available at Music Direct.

If possible please post system images and system specifications under Member Systems. Thanks.

If you have any HiFi equipment related questions then I would be happy to help.

Last edited:
Motion 15's and system moved back to small room.

image.jpg

Thanks for the input! I currently have some Bell'o sp300 stands that the motion 15's sit on. I will hopefully be moving into a house soon because I just got a pair of black ash Theos and they are extreamly under utilized in a small apartment. I was actually thinking that when I moved into a house I would get another pair of motion 15's for rears or a pair of EFX. I had wanted to ceiling mount them becuse it would keep them "out" of the way for rears or mids, however being 6'6" I realize now that in order to do that I would have to mount them too closely to a ceiling in a basement setting with hopefully a suspended ceiling. I picked up 4 omnimount 20.0 wallmounts super cheap on ebay and will probably wallmount them now for the ideal setup or incase the room doesn't permit I will leave them on the stands. Thanks for all the info and personal experiance with them!

Last edited:
This is roughly how my sytem has looked before Theos.

20130930_220058.jpg20130927_235248.jpg20130928_004558_LLS.jpg20130927_235324.jpg

Here is what my system looked like ( I moved them from beside the couch to in front of the tv with the motion 30 to do a 3.0 system)

Attachments

• 20140318_183415.jpg
    20140318_183415.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
20140821_121223.jpg20140821_105853.jpg

Now this is how it looks, and the Motion 15's take up too much space beside the couch.... I may have to do some rearranging to fit the motion 15's back in with the stands :/ maybe stands are best for them...... ( I apologize for the mess in the pictures,.... I was in the middle of changing the room around, and yes in the right corner are the theos boxes, because I had just set them up lol)

Last edited:
Many thanks for posting images of audio equipment. The room, audio gear, everything looks very nice.

Theos not only makes a industrial product design statement but are very high quality for they are designed and built by hand in North America. They should provide in the many years to come very good service.

The help I provided was nothing and you are most welcome. You are a member of the forum ,though given the title of newbie, it is okay to provide information in the prescribed format ( five steps ) of audio equipment used with Martin Logan's filed under Member Systems.

There are other members of the forum who would also like to welcome you. You can say hello to them under New Member Introductions.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give an update on what the wallmounts are like on the motion 15's. I live in an apartment still so I can not wallmount these yet.

The package
20140922_110523.jpg

Whats inside
20140922_110651.jpg

The mount straight back (wall position)
20140922_111159.jpg

The mount turned up (ceiling position)
20140922_111448.jpg

Hope this helps anyone in the same perdiciment I am in and for referance the mount is

Omnimount 20.0 Wall, and the UPC is 728901007125 .

This is what the mounts look like on the wall. Having heard alot of inceiling mid speakers in my time at Futureshop i would say IMHO that when the Motion 15's are mounted high enough they give the same effect as inceilings. Only criticism is that they cant lock in place to hold the speaker away from the wall due to the weight, however it works out because it down faces the speaker towards your ears anyway which is ideal.

20150818_125616_edit_1439926878230.jpg20150818_134228.jpg

pinpointmounts.com. they have a few wall and ceiling that will work with 15s and 35s or any other bookshelf. check the various am-41 models.

Latest posts

Back