Dead Aerius panel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

Reaction score
Hiya Hiya,

I purchased a used pair of Aerius speakers. FedEx dropped one of them (no they didn't pay). The vertical panel support cracked, and the panel was dead. I have since purchased new panels. Both work on the other speaker, neither work on the one in question.

I have the back off and have looked for broken joints etc. and there are no obvious breaks anywhere. I got out my meter and most places I tested show +120VAC to ground. I checked continuity on all the parts I could and the resistors, caps, etc. seem to be OK.

Not sure where to go next. Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Let me know what measurements would help suss out the problem.

Thx,

Jake

Thanks Tosh!
It may very well be the bias transformer. It's on the power supply board at any rate. There was a wealth of info on the DIYaudio website.

IF the bias supply transformer turns out to be faulty, then buy TWO from ML, as the other side may go out in the future.

I suggest that you get in touch with ML's service department. They will be helpful despite your buying the speakers used and out of warranty.

Back