Theos Vs Vantages

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbannas

Reaction score
I've downgraded from the Spires to the Summits to the Theos to put money towards other hobbies.
Which front speakers would be better for 50/50 mixed 2 channel stereo and home theater assuming the cost is similar?
I like the Theos, but the dark cherry Vantages would match the rest of my gear (ie. Stage, eD sub, and BDI AV rack are all dark cherry) and has the powered sub.
The downside is that the panels will be older.
It's not imperative that they match as the sound is much more important to me.
I'd be powering them with the Innersound ESL 300 amp.

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
I like the Theos too, but the Vantage would be a better choice. In my opinion, the powered sub module is a big plus.

Jbannas,
You have very capable amplifier and I think it would be a waste to substitute it with Vantages's built-in amplifier. Yes, it would carry some of your amplifier characteristics but ultimately built-in amp (class-D amp) will be driving quite audible range (up to ~400Hz). Some, with weak amplification would say its a blessing and some with proper amplification would consider it as a limiting factor.

There ar more betweenthem than just the amp.

The Theos are abit taller,which may or may not matter to you when you stand.

The Vantage has a better bass driver than the Theos. It also has a transmission line enclosure wherethe Theos has a more conventional bass reflex. The onboard amp additionally gives the very usefull bass control. I would go with the Vantage.

There ar more betweenthem than just the amp.

The Theos are abit taller,which may or may not matter to you when you stand.

The Vantage has a better bass driver than the Theos. It also has a transmission line enclosure wherethe Theos has a more conventional bass reflex. The onboard amp additionally gives the very usefull bass control. I would go with the Vantage.

I had both, Vantage and Theos. In spit Vantage were from a higher class, with Theos ML succeeded to make huge improvements , especialy for the bass integration, but not just. I would go for Theos without hesitation.

Latest posts

Back