New turntable in da house!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending upon tonearm, the adjustable VTA arm tower may not be necessary, such as with the Kuzma 4Point which has its own on-the-fly VTA adjustment.

I've sold both the Stabi M and Stabi XL (the model you showed is the 4-motor Stabi XL4). I don't know what kind of setup service your local vendor was offering, but I just quoted someone a price on a Stabi M/4Point which might surprise you, including traveling to the east coast and doing the full alignment inclusive of setting azimuth and SRA by computer.

Just the same, congratulations on your purchase, and I wish you many hours of delightful listening.

Thanks Brian.

Steve, do you have the Feickert Platter Speed app? I'd love to see the frequency trace from the app.

Here's mine from my VPI:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 146
Absolutely stunning work of art Steve. I found myself just staring mesmerized by the detail quality. Congratulations.

I just revisited this thread and noticed I didn't thank you for your post. Thanks! One of the details that I really like is the quality of the footers for the plinth, of all things. The feel they have when adjusting and locking them in place is so precise feeling. Even the cut outs on the platforms that the footers stand in are dished out with extreme precision, I mean crazy tolerances. I mentioned earlier that it took almost a complete hour for the platter to settle into the bearing. That was because the shaft and the receiving wall is so close together, that it takes that long for the air to escape up through the oil via the tiny gap! Once it settled down, I gave it a spin and walked downstairs to get a drink of water and when I came back upstairs about four or five minutes later, it was still spinning! Oh well, better stop this blather or people will think I like this thing.

Back