Calling JonFo: New ML Neolith panel as a spare for the Monolith III????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgehifi

Reaction score
Hi Jon if your reading this. This looks interesting, the new Neolith has a panel the same size as the Monolith at 22'X48" obviously used the same stator panels, it just has more segments 14 horizontal segments instead of 9.
Looks like maybe anyone with the Monolith could have an "improved panel" in the future as a spare part.

Cheers George

Last edited:
Hi George, good to hear from you. How are your Monoliths doing these days?

Yes, the Neolith panel is the same size and I believe the same basic mechanical specs (gen1 perf spacing and stator thickness) as the Monolith panel. The variables are indeed the number of spars , type (clear) and their spacing. I'm guessing the diaphragm to stator spacing might be slightly (~1mm) bigger in the Neolith to allow for more mid-bass output.

It's that last item that might be tricky to deal with, as i'm pretty sure the audio step-up transformer(s?) in the Neolith is likely have more output than the old Monolith one to move that panel lower into the mid-bass and to give it higher overall output capability.

But in general, it would make a lovely update to a Monolith, I'd sure get a set, just for the clear spars alone ;)

I'm also planning a replacement of the audio step-up transformer, so combining the two in one update sequence would be good. Now the question is: at what cost?

Back