objectivist vs subjectivist moderation post on wbf

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
---Quote (Originally by Steve Williams)---
The difficulty in trying to provide the ideal forum for *both* camps (objectivists vs subjectivists), which was our original goal when WBF was formed, is the inherent clashes between both sides as we try to eliminate any bias. This goes on everywhere and frankly it never ceases to amaze me how grown men involved in a common hobby can demonstrate such childishness in discussions with other people about their coveted gear. I get at least a half dozen complaints each day from one side or the other that are so petty that sometimes it becomes even difficult for us to moderate. Many of you need a good dose of a "grow up" pill because I find looking from outside in nothing more than a bunch of bruised egos looking for some validation and/or vindication. Over this past holiday weekend which I was enjoying with my family, I received no less than 14 reported posts by members which took time away from my family. These posts involved, cuss words, perceived threats as well as name calling and trashing members' gear. If only all of you could get a grip. This forum is just for fun guys. If any of you can provide me with a simple solution as to how to balance the scale between both sides, I am all ears. I have sent letters of warning this past weekend to members on both sides telling them I won't tolerate their crap anymore, knowing full well that the same people will again violate the TOS here at WBF. If only those of you who are doing the complaining can only see yourselves as others do, it might open your eyes.

The simple fact is that Amir and I as well as the moderators do this for free. The time I spend daily on this forum to appease those whiners here who do only that has become insufferable. If WBF does not meet your expectations, I am of the feeling now that we can't be all things to all people and if we can't meet your needs here then perhaps it is time for you to move on or better yet to start a site to your liking where only those who agree with you can play in your sand box.

Great to see how an intent at a non biased forum has resulted in the complaints by those of you who indeed have nothing but bias in your every post.

I rest my case.
---End Quote---

---Quote---
it never ceases to amaze me how grown men involved in a common hobby can demonstrate such childishness in discussions with other people about their coveted gear
---End Quote---ice post by the moderator on WBF

I post on WBF occasionally.

In my view, the site has clearly become dysfunctional due to a small handful of folks that the mods let run wild.

We live in a much kinder, gentler, better run site here at MLO.

Steve, they may or may not be Republicans but they are clearly neurotic and narcissistic.

GG

audiophiles are weird to begin with …………..:devil:

I post on WBF occasionally.

In my view, the site has clearly become dysfunctional due to a small handful of folks that the mods let run wild.
Yup, the uneven moderation is one of the major reasons I closed my account a couple of years ago.

It's a shame - the place showed a lot of promise when it began.

I still hang there, but man, I agree, there are some characters that just need to get a life.

Dogma, in any area of ones life, is a dangerous thing. Open mind, open ears (or was that ... clean ears? ;) )

I agree. I check out a few sites, but rarely post. I just kinda laugh at some of the personalities, but can't get bent out of shape, after all, it's only the internet, where everyone is an expert.

Back