Top products of 2013

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Check Peter Brueninger, a respected reviewer on WBF forum out here. Check the first product he recommends, you will need to watch the first 7 minutes of this video. He says it's like getting different speakers. Kind of what I experienced in Munich. And what others who use them have experienced. He writes in the absolute sound, Stereophile, Listener Magazine, founder Philadelphia Audio Society. Not that I believe reviewers but when different people in different places with different systems experience the same thing, it is time for others to sit up and try it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGr5EhVr0ns

This is from the following WBF link

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...urchases-in-13&p=238462&viewfull=1#post238462

I was at a demonstration of those devices at RMAF and didn't hear any difference. The salesman would preface each application of the devices with statements of what changes we would hear. I believe this predisposes some to actually hear it, as they have been told they would.

I was at a demonstration of those devices at RMAF and didn't hear any difference. The salesman would preface each application of the devices with statements of what changes we would hear. I believe this predisposes some to actually hear it, as they have been told they would.

Quite the contrary. When people in the room asked what changes do these things make, he said I am not telling Ya (the Ya quite noticeable). And differences were huge. I went there twice, on different days.

I don't have the patience to listen to him. I keep thinking, "Get on with it!"

What are the devices of which he speaks?

7 minutes, Bernard - jump the first two if you want. It's not the products themselves - also what he says they do

I watched the first 7 minutes. I need a refund. I think I have more faith in the Shun Mooks:)

Justin so far you don't believe in subs, Dirac, and Shun mooks - you need to choose at least one foo

Quite the contrary. When people in the room asked what changes do these things make, he said I am not telling Ya (the Ya quite noticeable). And differences were huge. I went there twice, on different days.

Interesting, we had such different experiences.

Also, speaking of Peter, I like that he does videos of all kinds of gear and provides audio of the gear he reviews, but gawd, could......................he......................speak...................any.....................slower?

In all seriousness, I think he speaks slowly, with long pauses, to allow his videos to be used for educational purposes. That thought is based on nothing other than to believe that there is a good reason for the slowness.

Regarding the new products, I'm a little jealous. There aren't, to my knowledge, any audio shows around Vancouver. Perhaps there's a show in Seattle, I'm not certain. It would be nice to hear some of these things in action. It's too much hassle to try and get them for a demo.

Julian, a 30 day sale or return should be easy. And the packaging is so small. But it's not only the HFTs, its also the FEQs, and the XCTs (which made the most difference at Munich - they go on chips and on sending side of cables)

In all seriousness, I think he speaks slowly, with long pauses, to allow his videos to be used for educational purposes. That thought is based on nothing other than to believe that there is a good reason for the slowness.

Regarding the new products, I'm a little jealous. There aren't, to my knowledge, any audio shows around Vancouver. Perhaps there's a show in Seattle, I'm not certain. It would be nice to hear some of these things in action. It's too much hassle to try and get them for a demo.

I agree, he has a reason, I just am always trying to finish his sentences for him, lol.:D

Many of us live in areas where there is not a whole lot of new product to evaluate. Some of us here, in the Austin, Texas area go on "field trips" to Dallas or Houston to listen to new gear. We have a few shops in Austin, but it's slim picken's, with just the most well known brands represented. It's a shame most of the brick and mortar shops have closed down. I look forward each year to the RMAF, in Denver, CO. to see new gear demonstrated.

Back