Montis Review - TAS

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fair review, I think, allowing for the journalistic hyperbole.
I agree with his comment about a slight softening in the 2-4kHz region. I apply a modest boost in that region with a parametric EQ.
Matt

Some of the comments posted at the conclusion of the review were obviously written by people who have never sat down with an open mind and listened to a pair of Montis speakers. I guess it takes all sorts. Anyhow, they're the ones missing out. Not me, as I listen to my wonderful Montis speakers while typing this post. :)

, as I listen to my wonderful Montis speakers while typing this post. :)

Like so many others......but I don't get it.

If I'm listening to my 'Logans, I'm not doing anything else. Not even looking around the room. I sit, motionless, eyes closed, fixated on the sound.

And conversely, if I'm doing something else, I'll turn the stereo off.

Am I weird, or is there anyone else like me? Anyone?

Last edited:
That said, many of us are. That's how I listened to Zeppelin even when I had no hifi

Adam, you are definitely not weird, apart from sitting motionless; if the music moves me (literally), I find my feet tapping of their own volition......I swear! And I don't close my eyes either; I like to imagine that I'm seeing the musicians, and I can't do that with my eyes closed.

Then again, my living room is right next to the kitchen, and I love to cook while listening to music....especially Latin music.

I think that (like my amigo Roberto) I have ceased to be an audiophile.....no more head-in-a-vise listening for me; I just relax and enjoy the music without thinking of imaging, soundstage, or snake oil.

In conclusion, no you are not weird....well, maybe slightly! :)

Have a great day in Oz, listening to music.

Am I weird, or is there anyone else like me? Anyone?
Weird or not, I do as you do, sitting for long periods, eyes closed and lost in the music.:music:

Should be renamed to Martin Logan weirdos forum, looks like

I often have my Martin Logan's playing when I'm doing stuff. When I'm studying, I'll listen to some Baroque. When my kids are in my music room, I'll put on some popular music and they'll dance and bop around the room. I have a weights set in my listening room - so whenever I train, I'll throw some vinyl on. Weird? Well... Maybe. But I enjoy my speakers :)

HAHA -. If I can't give it the attention it deserves (100%) then I'd rather not have it at all. :)

isn't that what digital is for ……… LOL !

on a serious note, the thought of only playing music when it requires 100% attention is utter nonsense in my book. I for one love background music over dinner, working late hours in my office or relaxing in the pool.

Latest posts

Back