New member from Central Texas

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyrogers

Reaction score
Just joined, although I've been a ML owner since '99. One of my SL3s croaked, and I used instructions from the group to take it apart, give it a shower, and reassemble it so it now works fine, so I figured I ought to join. In the meantime, thinking that the SL3 was dead, I bought a new pair of Ethos (Ethoses? Ethoi? Ethowegians?), so now I have 2 sets of ostensible front channel MLs, in addition to a pair of Sources for rears and a Cinema center for movies/opera. Any suggestions for how to make use of both the Ethosi and SL3s, other than giving the extra pair to you, are welcome. 7.1 is beyond my interest, so that's out as well.

Last edited:
Welcome Andy! You're no fun.....I was going to suggest that you send me the extra speakers to replace my SL3s, but you've already killed that!

I'm confused! You bought a pair of Ethos, but are now wondering what to do with Theos and SL3s.:confused:

As for the plural of Ethos, at least you didn't refer to them as "Etho's". Someone here recently referred to "Monti's"!

I think the plural of Ethos must be Ethii, such that a couple who both owned Lexus sedans would be said to have a pair of Lexii. :D

Theos/Ethos interchange runs rampant around here! I just let it slide. I know what's what.

Fixed the confusion; I don't know who comes up with these names, but you'd think they'd do something besides playing with the same 5 letters; what about "Setho" and my favorite, "Those"? "Esoth"? "Theso"? "Oseth"? Maybe we could all chip in and buy ML another letter to play with.

BTW, the Ethosi are loosening up a bit after several weeks, so they're not quite so thin as when they started out. They were demo units, but I have no idea how many hours they had on them. I've tried running the SL3s in series with the Ethosi pairwise, and I get much more body, but of course the imaging goes to hell. The showers definitely brightened both SL3s, but the Ethosi beat them to pieces in brightness and clarity. Oh well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back