REl subwoofer's ( and other for stereo ML setup )

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reenberg

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering how many inhere had experiences with the REL subwoofers.

I has, for many ears, thought that sub woofers didn't have a place in a stereo system, the ML is going low enough. ( ML Vantage in my place ). Subs where more for the HT set-up ( witch I don't have )

But out of curiosity I bought a REL-328, and boy was I wrong. The sub add SO much to the picture, string instruments is now much more full, and a female voice and a piano sounds way more realistic than it did before. My speakers had grown severel sizes with the sub.

Im very pleased with the sound id add, and surprised that I was so wrong about how important they actual are for the set-up.

Anyone else with similar experiences ?

ML Vantage - MC275 - REL-328 - Maudio M-DAC - Bluenode

I have had a REL T1 with my ML SL3s for a long time. The sub makes a significant contribution to the three dimensional presentation of the music, as well as filling in the lowest frequencies. What I did find surprising is how little sub gain is needed to achieve this effect. I have mine set for a 30 Hz crossover and only 3/40 gain (in a very small room).

Regards,

Guido F.

I see similar result here. And when I do the REW measurement I can see that the ML fade off quite slowly, so it only need some help. ( mine is set to -10db on the woofer ).

Will play some more with the measurements the next couple of weeks, it's not that easy to relay understand those room measurements ;).... But dam it sound good, should have bought one 10 years ago...

Latest posts

Back