2 pairs of CLX's front firing?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacefulcargo

Reaction score
Has anyone heard 2 pairs of CLXs front firing to create a wall of sound? and thoughts ?

I didn't understand your question. So 2 pairs, that is 4 speakers?

And they only fire in the front, no rear wave?

Wow sounds interesting. Have you heard this? Not sure How the imaging would work

I would expect some comb filtering, could be a problem. I don't quite know how this would be any more "wall of sound" than pair of CLX except literally :ROFL:

Nope, and probably would not want to hear such a setup. The two mid-high panels on each side would indeed create interference patterns (comb filtering).

Now, if you have truly huge Home Theater room with stadium seating across three rows, then one could envision doing vertically stacked CLX to gain both the additional output as well as better vertical coverage of all rows.
But then, in a room that big, dynamic speakers, horns most likely (see JBL Synthesis), would be the ticket.

If I had four CLX's, I'd order one more for the center and set up a really nice surround system, power them with five Sanders ESL monoblocks and spin some Steve Wilson BluRays and blow everyone away. Now that would be more than just a wall of sound, that's an alternate universe !

I expect that a wall of sound would be okay for rock, but don't know how it would work for image localization for jazz or classical.

For classical you can have another brick in that wall

Latest posts

Back