Aurender s10

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
So I had been playing off the Sony SACD xa9000es plugged into my dac via SPDIF. I received an aurender s10 on audition and immediately realized it was far superior to the CD player - far more smoother and quieter, more life to the system, better pace and just the feel of music.

I then downloaded the audirvana plus and am playing it on my macbook, and I have been trying to A/B for the past 3 days, but the difference is very small, imo. One particular high quality Stockfisch recording I can see more focus in the aurender, while on other songs I perceive slightly more pace and centering of the vocals. I don't think it is worth that high a premium. The new aurender x100 which is better optimized around the USB is 2k cheaper, and might be worth it second hand. I will be getting a modded desktop for demo which should be a similar style to my macbook but better because it will be dedicated and have a better power supply, so hopefully it should be superior to the aurender at a much lower price.

Interestingly, I had been ABing the audioquest wild digital cable (1900 quid) and the Teo liquid digital cable (1800 USD) from my Sony to the Lampi's spdif input and there were big differences. However the same experiment via the aurender is showing no difference between the two cables.

ABing between the Aurender's spdif and usb outputs is showing no difference to me, though both the Aurender and the Lampi dealers prefer the spdif.

Back