Stage vs. Stage X

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boe

Reaction score
Hello,

There are a lot more stage units available used than stage X. I need a second center - I currently have a stage and need another center for another room. Not sure if I should pay the significant difference in price to get a stage X. Anyone own both? Do you notice the tweeter difference that much?

Also there were rumors about a new ML line being released soon - not sure if there are better centers that would be worth waiting for.

Hola. I had both, and I am with the X. It exhibits more relaxing sound and better integration with the electrostatic panel. I do believe and my ears are happier with the X. It all depends of your liking. The voices are more natural and precise. It is a better product. Yes, the new tweeter made a nice difference in my sound. Happy listening!

Thanks!!

Anyone hear anything about any new centers from ML in the near future?

Hello,

There are a lot more stage units available used than stage X. I need a second center - I currently have a stage and need another center for another room. Not sure if I should pay the significant difference in price to get a stage X. Anyone own both? Do you notice the tweeter difference that much?

Also there were rumors about a new ML line being released soon - not sure if there are better centers that would be worth waiting for.

I have both. It really depends on what speakers you are using for your main R/L channels. I found that the Stage X integrated significantly better with my CLXs than the Stage (although the latter was not bad). The X's folded tweeter comes closer to matching the sound of ESL than the Stage's conventional dome tweeter.

Thanks - I have Von Schweikerts so it won't really match what I have but VS doesn't really make a center that is well suited for mounting that matches the upgraded 4SRs.

So no word on any new ML centers coming out any time soon?

Don't worry - even if they came out with a new one - I'm pretty sure they wouldn't confiscate your existing one.

Back