Audo Exklusiv

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
The Audio Exklusivs, high WAF, I was disappointed when I heard them at Munich because they seemed to have low bass. However I heard them today in a proper room and true to reputation they had an excellent bass. I heard the Apogees yesterday (see Apogee thread), and could not make out a difference, maybe the Apogees go deeper, but hard to tell. Anyway these had a much better midrange, and I think I might get these. The P3.1s retail for 8k Euros, and the 6.1s retail for 16k, so I will get a 3.1 used, which should be the same price as my Summit. Of course, if I don’t like it as much I can always go back to a newer Logan model (no, not the Neo, I mean the Ethos/Montis).

They were driven by Audio Exklusiv pre and power, which together retail for 9k euros. Very cheap, excellent set up.

Limitations: You can’t crank up the volume for a really big room.

Compared it in the same room to the Analysis Audio Epsilon. The model higher than the Epsilon, Omega, still remains my favorite speaker, but at twice the price. All the panels I have heard so far play the music at kind of ear level, and it seems horizontally linear compared to the Omegas. The Omegas do a huge soundstage, by far more than any of these, and violins can be seen swirling around the room from top of the speaker. They are 6 feet. These Exklusivs were around 6'6", since I am 6'2, way taller than me. Looked sexy. So it's a toss up between Omegas and the Exklusivs. That said, the Omegas I heard were part of a seriously expensive system, driven by SET amps of 120w. Rock is better on the Exklusivs, but orchestral is better on the Omegas. Omegas are outstanding for piano as well

Attachments

• 20140526_101953.jpg
    20140526_101953.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 111
These come in White, or the borders can be red. I like German redheads

Like Soundlabs you can put any music on this and keep it playing like a juke box. Off axis quite enjoyable

Get the Omegas as I think you REALLY like them. Save up.

Then spend ages finding the best amps for them etc. Should be fun:)

Get the Omegas as I think you REALLY like them. Save up.

Then spend ages finding the best amps for them etc. Should be fun:)

It's not about saving. It's about whether if hifi is worth that much expense. Do I settle for an expensive system for myself, or do I get a compromised cheap system nevertheless good and scratch my itches auditioning other systems? I am new to this, even if the Omegas are great am I going to be doing serious listening the next few years, or will I find a new hobby? Music has always been up there, but I shouldn't be spending too much time on it. There are live shows as well.

Kedar, you say you are new to this, and are unsure that you will retain your current interest in this hobby, so do you really want to spend all this money, to find that it no longer interests you a few years (or even months) down the road? I suggest that you hold off the big purchases and instead attend live shows.

BTW, since you said you are a "Zep" fan, do you find that your ears ring after live shows? I worked with a woman who used to go to discos, and her ears used to ring for a day or two after, and then the ringing used to go away. Then one day it did not go away.

Kedar, you say you are new to this, and are unsure that you will retain your current interest in this hobby, so do you really want to spend all this money, to find that it no longer interests you a few years (or even months) down the road? I suggest that you hold off the big purchases and instead attend live shows.

BTW, since you said you are a "Zep" fan, do you find that your ears ring after live shows? I worked with a woman who used to go to discos, and her ears used to ring for a day or two after, and then the ringing used to go away. Then one day it did not go away.

No, I do more classical live shows which are at lower volumes, the rock ones are only Zep tribute band, and I have done some Claapton, ACDC and GnR but they are so few in number that it doesn't matter. Disco volume is crazy, I hardly go to clubs, the proximity of the speaker can blow your eardrums off. Justin will tell you he used to go to a lot of clubs :rocker:, which probably explains why he can't get the difference in the mooks

I do need good speakers to enjoy my music, not yet sure if I need the best like the Omegas - let's see

Omegas are just Apogee copies which according to the law were Maggie copies. Apogee just made Maggie's properly.

Anyway, last week Tune Audio Animas were the best. W'appen man?

Omegas are just Apogee copies which according to the law were Maggie copies. Apogee just made Maggie's properly.

Anyway, last week Tune Audio Animas were the best. W'appen man?

I don't think I need to spend 30k on a speaker. Ex-dem Omega under 10 is good enough. And it does classical better. I have also decided that setting up a system around rock music is pointless, none of them are great at it given that the best rock is non-audiophile quality, so makes sense to have a soundbar to listen to Led Zeppelin. For example, even though the Apogees go the deepest of the panels and are relatively the best among them for rock, they are still not good enough. Then I need to think of a Vandersteen, but then I lose out on - oh well, so best way to handle the compromises is to keep a soundbar or something couple of hundred quid used for rock and a great system for classical, opera and jazz

Back