How do you deliver digital content to your DAC?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do you deliver Digital Content to your DAC?

• Total voters
Tim,
I'm leaning towards upgrading my oppo 83 to an oppo 105, then getting a Auralic Aries and streaming thru the DAC in the 105, which is said to be really good. Kinda killing 2 birds with one stone: I have the ability to do hi res from my computer, upgrade my universal player... AND it means simplifying my setup by getting rid of my external DAC and Squeezebox, neither which do hi res.

Last edited:
The oppo is a nice player, I would try get a ps audio mk2 used for 1k and then run high res through the squeeze for the same price.

Actually the oppo can play music files right from a usb hard drive plugged into the back. From what I read, the interface is a bit klugy, but it works. Might be a first step into hi res.

I didn't think the Squeeze (SB3) could do hi res - I thought only the SB Touch had that ability...

Last edited:
what NAS are you using as Im in the market now as I need one for my Krell Connect

Recent conversations revolving around DAC's has me interested in how folks are delivering content to their systems. I used to be a dyed in the wool analog guy, but started to see some hope with the advent of SACD, and eventually started getting into utilizing my computer as a source for my digital content. As Hi-Rez files became more available I eventually found that the majority of my music listening was occurring through my computer and I spent a good amount of time finding a DAC that would allow me to take full advantage of the latest and best downloads I could find.

As computer based audio becomes more commonplace I'm interested in knowing how folks here in our community are delivering their content.

Not sure how this all works but my AES/EBU does both PCM and DSD. I'm jus not a big fan of USB although for some DAC's you have no choice.

what NAS are you using as Im in the market now as I need one for my Krell Connect
I have a Qnap TS451, but it doesn't really matter what you use, as long as your DAC can resolve samba or Linux shares.

Otherwise, you'll probably need to use DLNA which is but into the Qnap and Synology also supports that, so far as I know.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I do need DLNA I looked at Synology 6TB as well as the Q nap .. Ill run 0 RAID as I have many back up copies ! Its faster too with no lose of disc space

CAP, I just installed a new Synology RS 815+ NAS 8 TB. I have spend very little time with it so far as we have many irons in fire with our remodeling project. I will let you know how it goes..I have installed 2200 songs so far, and played with it on the whole-house system a bit. So far I love it!

Dan

I downloaded Exact Audio Copy and downloaded a couple of cd's. Sounds so good! Now I have to re-rip everything I previously loaded to the NAS... EAC is time consuming but the difference is amazing. Besides that I listen to Tidal hi-rez... so good!

Dan

I downloaded Exact Audio Copy and downloaded a couple of cd's. Sounds so good! Now I have to re-rip everything I previously loaded to the NAS... EAC is time consuming but the difference is amazing. Besides that I listen to Tidal hi-rez... so good!

Dan
EAC is the way to go. I've ripped 330+ albums to FLAC, and although it was a helluva lot of work, totally worth it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I haven't got mine completely up and running yet, but the plan is:
Synology NAS via Ethernet to Bridge II network card on PS Audio DirectStream DAC (controlled by Roon core running on a Small Green Computer SonicTransporter and the Roon app on an iPad).

I use multiple inputs from Meridian MC200 core server via AES/EBU, toslink from Apple TV, SPDIF from DVD and USB from MacBook running Pure Music for Hi Res files, or iPad. Apple TV allows wireless play but I use wires for better quality. Stream from Qobuz or Tidal. All of that through Moon 750D DAC.
I also use Pure Music for MQA files from MacBook fed to preamp via Meridian Explorer²

Audioquest Dragonfly Red via KEF M500 phones from iPad to give my wife peace.... excellent sound!

Great results in sound quality on all options.

Tried Roon ... not clear in the benefits ... might be open to persuasion ... convince me?

Latest posts

Back