View Poll Results: How do you deliver Digital Content to your DAC?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • USB - PCM & DSD

12 32.43%
  • AES/EBU - PCM

5 13.51%
  • Coaxial S/PDIF -PCM

8 21.62%
  • Toslink S/PDIF - PCM

3 8.11%
  • What's a DAC?

2 5.41%
  • Other

7 18.92%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How do you deliver digital content to your DAC?

Quote Originally Posted by MiTT View Post
    Recent conversations revolving around DAC's has me interested in how folks are delivering content to their systems. I used to be a dyed in the wool analog guy, but started to see some hope with the advent of SACD, and eventually started getting into utilizing my computer as a source for my digital content. As Hi-Rez files became more available I eventually found that the majority of my music listening was occurring through my computer and I spent a good amount of time finding a DAC that would allow me to take full advantage of the latest and best downloads I could find.

As computer based audio becomes more commonplace I'm interested in knowing how folks here in our community are delivering their content.
    Not sure how this all works but my AES/EBU does both PCM and DSD. I'm jus not a big fan of USB although for some DAC's you have no choice.

Music Rm #503: CLX Art DC / 2-212's / Bricasti M12/28's / Aurender N10 / Nordost: O2 Loom / V2 Pwr Spk & Subs, QX4, QV2, QK1, QB8, Sort Fut, Lift & TC Kones, QKore 6, Earth Grd, Acoustical Panels Media Rm #504: 13A's Balsalt Blk /Descent i's / Vanquish / Focus / Parasound 3-A23 & 31 / 65" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM60 / Nordost V2/T2/H2 Pwr & IC, H2 HDMI & Net, QK1, QV2, QB8 & QX2 / Entreq SM / SBooster / Sony 4K Blu-ray

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.P View Post
    what NAS are you using as Im in the market now as I need one for my Krell Connect
    I have a Qnap TS451, but it doesn't really matter what you use, as long as your DAC can resolve samba or Linux shares.

Otherwise, you'll probably need to use DLNA which is but into the Qnap and Synology also supports that, so far as I know.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Krell KRC-3 / Bryston 4B-ST / ReQuest 2nd Gen / HiFiBerry DAC

I do need DLNA I looked at Synology 6TB as well as the Q nap .. Ill run 0 RAID as I have many back up copies ! Its faster too with no lose of disc space
    Martin Logan... Odyssey...Krell KSA 100s...Krell KRC3 Pre Amp...Krell Connect Media server/DAC
    My system here

CAP, I just installed a new Synology RS 815+ NAS 8 TB. I have spend very little time with it so far as we have many irons in fire with our remodeling project. I will let you know how it goes..I have installed 2200 songs so far, and played with it on the whole-house system a bit. So far I love it!

Dan
    Kicking back somewhere in the desert, listening to my Logans....
    Click here to see my system
    Odyssey, Descent i, Theater, Vanquish

Loving my Synology DS1515+ with Oppo 105D as a music server. Hi Res sounds SO GOOD.
    Tom D'Acquisto
    MartinLoganOwners.com owner/operator
    ML Owner from 1988 to 2015 (Sequels, reQuests, Summits, Cinema)
    Currently MartinLoganless
    CL
    ick HERE to see my ML systems of the past.

Click here to see how you can help support this site!

I downloaded Exact Audio Copy and downloaded a couple of cd's. Sounds so good! Now I have to re-rip everything I previously loaded to the NAS... EAC is time consuming but the difference is amazing. Besides that I listen to Tidal hi-rez... so good!

Dan
    Kicking back somewhere in the desert, listening to my Logans....
    Click here to see my system
    Odyssey, Descent i, Theater, Vanquish

Quote Originally Posted by wink View Post
    I downloaded Exact Audio Copy and downloaded a couple of cd's. Sounds so good! Now I have to re-rip everything I previously loaded to the NAS... EAC is time consuming but the difference is amazing. Besides that I listen to Tidal hi-rez... so good!

Dan
    EAC is the way to go. I've ripped 330+ albums to FLAC, and although it was a helluva lot of work, totally worth it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Krell KRC-3 / Bryston 4B-ST / ReQuest 2nd Gen / HiFiBerry DAC

I haven't got mine completely up and running yet, but the plan is:
    Synology NAS via Ethernet to Bridge II network card on PS Audio DirectStream DAC (controlled by Roon core running on a Small Green Computer SonicTransporter and the Roon app on an iPad).
    Rich

This comment is intended solely for educational purposes and should not be construed as conveying any express or implied warranty of fitness for any other purpose. Said comment constitutes merely the humble opinion of its maker and does not reflect the views of the MLOC or of ML, Ltd. YMMV. Trust your own ears.

I use multiple inputs from Meridian MC200 core server via AES/EBU, toslink from Apple TV, SPDIF from DVD and USB from MacBook running Pure Music for Hi Res files, or iPad. Apple TV allows wireless play but I use wires for better quality. Stream from Qobuz or Tidal. All of that through Moon 750D DAC.
    I also use Pure Music for MQA files from MacBook fed to preamp via Meridian Explorer˛

Audioquest Dragonfly Red via KEF M500 phones from iPad to give my wife peace.... excellent sound!

Great results in sound quality on all options.

Tried Roon ... not clear in the benefits ... might be open to persuasion ... convince me?
    Bruce
    Spires Velodyne DD+ 12 sub and Moon Simaudio and Linn LP12 n stuff
    http:/www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7693