Panel horizontal tension

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely. It lets you tune your sound stage at no effort, reduce muddiness and harshness

I don't spend $Thousands on an amplifier to get "muddiness and harshness".

And if there is muddiness and harshness, that's something I expect the component manufacturer to deal with - I shouldn't have to tack things on top of my boxes.

And if I am experiencing muddiness and harshness, I'll replace the culpable component. I won't try and "band-aid" the situation.

But that's just my philosophy. As Bernard said - if it gives you great ROI, that's fantastic.

I don't spend $Thousands on an amplifier to get "muddiness and harshness".

And if there is muddiness and harshness, that's something I expect the component manufacturer to deal with - I shouldn't have to tack things on top of my boxes.

And if I am experiencing muddiness and harshness, I'll replace the culpable component. I won't try and "band-aid" the situation.

But that's just my philosophy. As Bernard said - if it gives you great ROI, that's fantastic.

All those have muddiness and harshness. I have even demoed the Koda pre that costs 25k. Modwright and AR Ref 3 were with mooks and showed a bog difference, so did the Aesthetix, and the NAT audio, which is one of the best preamps.

And these were on extremely high end systems. Anyway had a chat with Justin

1. He has a half open preamp, so he demoes with the discs inside. Not sure if he is doing the right demo
2. He has not taken yet the bass traps out of the room like I suggested, and known fact they don't work with them on the front wall (don't ask me why)

They might give you high ROI, but you will only know if you try them. The guy who sold them to me has a 100 discs with Vandy 7, specially designed room, Ar 250s and AR 5SE, Synergistic tweaks, stillpoints, the works. So ROI exists in extremely high end systems

I think it is important to demonstrate how one arrives at a conclusion, including those processes which are erroneous. I could have deleted it when I realized that my premise was wrong, but I felt it was constructive to leave it to show everyone why it is wrong.

You should have deleted it and saved everybody a lot of time.

The reason I asked is that I noticed you repeating my theory regarding panel tension and it's relationship to sensitivity/efficiency like you came up with it on your own. Good work.

Why would the guy that is writing equations about tension vs force not realize that a film under tension takes more force to deflect?

Why would the guy that is writing equations about tension vs force not realize that a film under tension takes more force to deflect?

I should delete something I posted??!? Ha! That's the Coal Mine is calling the kettle black, don't you think, SootBag?

That's funny coming from you. This could be said about many of your own posts. And for someone who is incapable of admitting a mistake, you sure are working hard to accuse someone else of being wrong. I guess it's no surprise why you said you have no friends.

I don't have to "admit" anything because I didn't say anything wrong. I see my technical claims still remain unopposed. You only think I said something wrong because you don't understand what I wrote in the first place.

No, because what I wrote is right and what you wrote is wrong, and even you knew it was wrong right away.

This post reminds me of similar representations made by Ethan Winer on other audio forums, who called himself "Mr. Science", displayed above the "Superman" symbol.

I don't have to "admit" anything because I didn't say anything wrong. I see my technical claims still remain unopposed. You only think I said something wrong because you don't understand what I wrote in the first place.

What I understand is that every time I ask you a direct question that points out your error, you choose to ignore it. Go back and answer the questions I asked in post #61 of this thread. You said it should be no harder to set Mylar on a large panel like the Neolith than any other panel. One look at the video Ken posted of them setting the Mylar on a panel proves (to any honest person) that this statement was wrong. It would be much harder to set the Mylar on a 22" panel, because the worker has to put a fair amount of horizontal tension, as well as vertical tension, on the Mylar as they apply it. Everything else you have written in this thread has been a sideshow to distract people from the error in your initial statement.

What I understand is that every time I ask you a direct question that points out your error, you choose to ignore it. Go back and answer the questions I asked in post #61 of this thread. Everything else you have written in this thread has been a sideshow to distract people from the error in your initial statement.

+1 and Amen to that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back