acoustic revive schumann resonator

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
Demoed the acoustic revive schumann resonator at the Munich hifi show. They had two in the room, and kept switching them on and off. Every time they switched them off the soundstage collapsed and became flatter, the plucking of the guitar also didn't sound as good.

Also did a similar thing with the stein harmonizer, similar effect, but he had 6 in the room which he took out, and they are way more expensive. So the resonator is my preference.

Couple more feedback from WBF

Feedback 1: Yeah, I had three RR-77's in my room on temporary loan for about a week and noticed the same things you noticed. There was more layering of the soundstage-the vocals came more forward which allowed backing instruments to lay in nicely behind and to the side. Very effective tweak.

feedback 2: Thanks for posting your feedback Bonzo. A/B/A testing is really the best litmus test about the efficacy of an audio tweak. Your feedback about the effects of the RR-777 are pretty much in line with the description of the effects on the Acoustic Revive site. You don't really need 2 though imho, feeding the RR-777 with a linear psu like a King Rex Mk2 psu roughly doubles the area covered by a single unit vs the standard wall wart.

All I know is, mine is staying!

Bodhi

Back