Munich Hi-End 2014 Hi-Fi Show Report

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no fan of Vivid speakers, with the larger models I think I can hear colouration I really don't like from the funky looking cabinets - but this was definitely sounding alright. There's also a hit of "metallicness" from the metal drivers.

The CH Precision kit is lovely stuff.

Shame the Air Force One wasn't playing. Slideshow here.

Yep, that CH Precision is NICE, NICE, NICE stuff.

I prefer the Vitus though :)

DSC00724

Some more hORNS speaker stills here. The stand mounted ones sounded really nice. No video.

Last edited:
On the way back to the bus station - day 2. WTF? An AusFahrt looks more critical than EinFahrt:ROFL:

DSC00723

That TDP magnetic drive (no belt or DD motor spindle contact with platter) is one of the nicest TTs around I think.

Nice room but hard to impress with speakers that size relative to the rest of the show.

Some huge stats from Audio Exklusiv. These sounded delightful with the program material I was hearing them with. Until I thought hm - no bass.

So I had a chat with the demonstrator. I asked what the LF response was and was told 20Hz. Way lower than a CLX. However, I was also told there were room issues with it. Big old room, though, so I wonder whether that was entirely legit, but the rear of the speaker was facing HUGE glass panels. If there was an issue, that was probably it.

The bass demo material was a bit of Madge, and that's what the video contains. Bass certainly wasn't great - he was right.

Definitely be interesting to hear these in a room that didn't have "issues".

Last edited:
Madge! Lol! Papa don't preach, these things have no trouble running deep.

Actually I too was disappointed with the bass here having heard a few times what they were capable of. So heard them today in Dortmund.
Review coming up

Some huge stats from Audio Exclusiv. These sounded delightful with the program material I was hearing them with. Until I thought hm - no bass.

So I had a chat with the demonstrator. I asked what the LF response was and was told 20Hz. Way lower than a CLX. However, I was also told there were room issues with it. Big old room, though, so I wonder whether that was entirely legit, but the rear of the speaker was facing HUGE glass panels. If there was an issue, that was probably it.

The bass demo material was a bit of Madge, and that's what the video contains. Bass certainly wasn't great - he was right.

Definitely be interesting to hear these in a room that didn't have "issues".

Last edited:
Last Neolith video of any vague merit if you haven't had enough of them:D

Big bad drummer making loads of noise. This did see a couple of sharp exits, as you'll see. Not everyone's bag:)

Back