Munich Hi-End 2014 Hi-Fi Show Report

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User211

Reaction score
Getting closer...

Met bonzo on the train into Munich. He went to the show later on. Having a beer in the centre of Munich. Off to the show tomoz. uploadfromtaptalk1400271987715.jpg

stay sober tomorrow Justin !! ….. we want an accurate report !!

Hey Justin, if you get a chance, go check out the Backes & Müller BMLine 100 at the show. Would love to hear your listening impressions.

I'm fascinated by the tech, and in love with the look.

Can't believe a horn system could ever look pretty but this one is gorgeous. One picture alone does not convey the complex shapes in this thing, the artistry is amazing, look at the linked site for more.

bmline100-44.jpg

Jon , that is a nice looking speaker. I have not heard the high end horns, are they as harsh as I remember the older JBL and Klipsch were or have they gotten smoother over the years . I would love to hear one of the high end horn speakers some day

Was in the B&M room Jon, but that speaker wasn't. Their speakers are very good, though. Will post about them later.

I have masses of high res pics, high def videos and thoughts but I'm off out to Hofbrauhaus, the venue of the first Nazi rally, for beer and food.

Posts should start rattling in on Tuesday.

I was in that room, wasn't impressed average sound

You didn't like the Neolith either.

B&Ms can sound pretty good in a high resolution modern accurate kind of a way. Better at Silverstone than here.

Hey Justin, if you get a chance, go check out the Backes & Müller BMLine 100 at the show. Would love to hear your listening impressions.

I'm fascinated by the tech, and in love with the look.

Can't believe a horn system could ever look pretty but this one is gorgeous. One picture alone does not convey the complex shapes in this thing, the artistry is amazing, look at the linked site for more.

View attachment 16985

That's as nice looking speaker!

Desperately trying to post some media but my internet connection is dropping out every five minutes or so. Plus my upload speed is pathetic here out in the sticks for HD YouTube videos. May be a while before anything shows.

Get any videos today and I'll be amazed.

Desperately trying to post some media but my internet connection is dropping out every five minutes or so. Plus my upload speed is pathetic here out in the sticks for HD YouTube videos. May be a while before anything shows.

Get any videos today and I'll be amazed.

Take your time Justin. The guys can wait

Here we go then - a YouTube video of the Neolith. It is a far cry from what I see at home as the camera shoots at 50+ fps and YouTube has dropped frames like crazy and lost resolution, but it isn't bad TBH.

The sound seems to have survived quite well, however, the Sony's mics are MUCH better than my old Samsung. Connected to my 2nd system it sounds really quite impressive, albeit missing LF content. See what you think on yours. You'll get a flavour of the sound but it sure won't be the same as being there. Took about 3 hours to upload, LOL. Much more with the failed attempts.

It was dark in there but close to the speakers spotlights were hanging down from the ceiling, so close up the light was OK, as you'll see from the all non-flash photos.

Last edited:
Justin,

Sounded pretty darn good over my computer speakers.

Thanks so much for your efforts.

Gordon

I second that Thank You, Justin, and Bonzo, for your impressions on the Neolith. They are really growing on me, in the way that products that are very expensive and made of unobtainium invariably do :)

They are Gorgeous. I love the look of them.

Last edited:
Back