New ML model coming!!! UPDATE! "NEOLITH" INFO INSIDE!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at the size of that panel! Looks HUGE... Grrr... can't wait to see (and hear) more... wish i was in Germany!

Wow! Maybe they do actually listen to us! I guess this is what Peter was referring to when he said there was something coming at the high end that we could get excited about. Can't wait for the formal announcement!

Looking at the material draped over the speaker there appears to be a curved panel on the left side. The drape hangs much flatter on the right side.
My guess is and new CLX or a least something with that panel combination.

You both are right. Thank's one big speaker. Look at the "depth".

Here's what Karmak the Magnificent thinks.

A full range 20 to 20 speaker, a super Summit on steroids with a large, amplified woofer(s) incorporating sophisticated, user adjustable DSP (microphone included), which will be called THE EVEREST. Price $55K.

Definitely looks like a massive hybrid. I am excited to find out some details despite the fact that it will probably be way beyond what I'll spend.

Here's what Karmak the Magnificent thinks.

A full range 20 to 20 speaker, a super Summit on steroids with a large, amplified woofer(s) incorporating sophisticated, user adjustable DSP (microphone included), which will be called THE EVEREST. Price $55K.

$55K? I sincerely hope not for ML's sake. The Soundlab U-1PX is ten grand less than that, for cryin' out loud!

$55K? I sincerely hope not for ML's sake. The Soundlab U-1PX is ten grand less than that, for cryin' out loud!

damn..................just when I thought Rich was gonna like M/L again .................. LOL !

Considering Overture (Wilmington,De) was the N American debut location for Gayle's 'Statement' and Terry told me of the new speaker in the works last year, if not Everest then perhaps a take off of the 'Statement' ??

Rich,

Of course I have no idea but given the existing uber brands such as Wilson, Magico, YG, etc., some may consider that a bargain. And that could be ML's strategy to play in the "cost no object" sand box.

You're of course right Ken, but I predict it will be something that suggests big and grandiose since it appears that it will be their flagship moving forward.

Gordon

You're of course right Ken, but I predict it will be something that suggests big and grandiose since it appears that it will be their flagship moving forward.

Gordon

Kidding aside, Gordon, I'd guess you're right about the details. Big hybrid, using the DSP bass gizmo. Price somewhat south of $30K, I reckon. I just can't see ML's corporate overlords taking a big risk on $50K+ stuff, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

Besides, if you or I had ~$60K to spend on speakers, we'd own 101E's, right?

Absolutely my friend.

The CLX current list is about $25K. Why would they come up with a "new" model with such a small price difference?

Maybe discontinued "monolith" model size panel I reckon.

Is it possible the drape is covering both left and right speakers? Perhaps something priced between the Summit X and CLX?

I think Kedar (Bonzo) is going to Munich. Hopefully he'll get to listen to them and report back here.

Wow. That certainly looks promising. I love the anticipation. Nice marketing!! :)

After further thought and catching my breath. Yes I think the left side looks curved w a flatter right side. Also a box on the bottom. If that is a summit x in the background - my guess is it may be a replacement if you read anything into the marketing of it all.

It almost looks like a mini CLX w woofer cabinet attached. If it is a summit x replacement it would be in the 15k range. This is exciting!!

Very interesting. I agree, timm, it looks like something in the Summit X size category. I'm looking forward to getting more details on this.

I will be in Munich - Justin will be too - and then we will take a few days to report back just to make you guys itch

This might mean more CLX's on the used market and hopefully a better center speaker

Latest posts

Back