System #01 (Summit, Cinema)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update!

Sold my DBX 3bx on Craigslist and got a DBX 4bx! It's more user friendly (has remote) and a little better sounding than the 3bx was. It really adds a warm tone to the digital recordings, making them sound more like LPs.

Got a new camera for my birthday and took some new photos...

Enjoy!

Tom,

You got one heck of a digital camera! Those new photos look awesome!!! Looks like you can jump right into the picture! I'm impressed :)

Big congrats on the new dbx 4BX, it looks (and I'm sure sounds), fantastic! And like you said, it makes things so much easier having a remote. Thanks for sharing :)

Seth

So far but so close !

Tom :
Like as you arranged I your competent system , and the pleasant climate obtained in your living room.
One imagines in the spaces that lives..

Last edited:
Nice Packers jacket. No that wasn't on purpose, was it.:D

I hope Gumby is still there. Didn't see him in the new pics.

Nice setup TomDac.

Cool rack! :)

...but the pink wall's? :D

Yeah, the walls were that color when we bought the house and we will eventually paint them.... They are not pink.. they are SALMON, dammit! SALMON!! :D

I thought Dusty Rose was a professional wrestler back in the 70's.

As for the walls, my grandpa would have said they were "Fox Pecker Pink".

New room & system is almost complete. Goodbye "dusty rose" and hello "Tuscan Faux Finish"... Oh snap! There are Summits in the system now! Sweet! Thanks Joey!:rocker:

The room looks awesome now, Tom. Love the new color. And my, aren't those Summits sharp! That chrome trim goes so well with the Pass Labs amp.

Looks awesome Tom! I bet it sounds that way too.:music: Let us know how you like the Summits compared to your Requests.

Tom, lookin' good! I like your faux painted walls, looks just like what we did. Your dark ceiling is also nice. Is that real wood, or some kind of synthetic treatment?

Also, I hadn't looked over your component list lately. I hope you're not using the Monster conditioner with your Pass amp. If so, I strongly suggest trying the amp without the Monster, just to see if it makes a difference. I used a Monster 3500 conditioner in my setup for over a year, before finding out it was choking my power amp. I've since relegated it to pure video use (where it works fine).

Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Summits!

Wow Tom! Those Summits look awesome in your room.:) Also everything from the new wall color, new carpeting, to those gorgeous new Summits looks amazing! You have now inspired me to re-paint my HT room.;) Not sure what color yet, but I do know that it won't be any variation of white.

Congrats on the new speakers and the whole new look!

Seth

Fantastic new look, Tom. A nice comparo between the CLX, ReQuests and Summits is in order...

~VDR

Hey Tom, love the "photo time-line", nice evolution !

Tom, the history photo's are great. Really fun to see how the system has evolved. What's really shocking is how truely gawd awful that pink room was. Much, much nicer now!

Back