Mikros 90 Headphones Fit Problems

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMOP

Reaction score
I got two pair of these for a very good price ($60), and really like the sound and the fact that at least the PAUSE/RESUME control button works with my Android device. What is really strange about these headphones is that they literally tend to roll off my ears so that I'm constantly forced to readjust them to get a half-way decent seal between the pads and my ears. UNLESS, that is, I REVERSE them. That cures the fit problem, but induces another: L/R channel reversal, which of course is equally intolerable.

Google reveals that I'm not the only ML Mikros 90 user to experience this exact problem. The proposed solution is to fit a 3.5mm male/female reverse channel adapter in line with the headphone cable. I've found a 7" shielded adapter cable that purports to to exactly that, but I'd rather have a more integral fix, such as re-wiring the headphones themselves.

Anyone here experience this problem and have a better solution than the channel reversal adapter? Thanks.

Hola RMOP. I believe that the problem is that their are designed for Apple products...not Android. In some models, not Apple, they work. To see if this is case, try to use an Apple device and see how it works. You got a bargain, but I assure you that the model 90 and model 70 are only for Apple standards. Happy listening!

Hola RMOP. I believe that the problem is that their are designed for Apple products...not Android.

Tell me if I need to edit my original post. The PROBLEM I'm referencing, as well as the proposed SOLUTION, is an ERGONOMIC one, unrelated to Apple/Android distinctions and not even to electronics except with respect to the L/R reversal which ensues if I position the headphones so that they actually fit MY head without the ear cushions rolling off and breaking their seals with my ears. I can live quite nicely with the PAUSE/RESUME button being the only one that works. I'm surprised that it works at all, and ordered the headphones w/o bothering to see if they had ANY in-line controls (I expected none). It's the FIT of the phones that doesn't work unless I reverse them (which then reverses R/L). I'm looking for a way to reverse the R/L channels internally (re-wiring) vs using the mentioned 3.5mm M/F channel reversal adapter. The latter may actually prove to be best, as the additional 7" of shielded cable length would place the control buttons much more conveniently than the present location. So, I've ordered an adapter, but am still looking for a more aesthetically appealing solution. Thanks.

Hola...you do not need edit your post again, the problem is that Apple and Android are not compatibles. They use different array at their connections and controls...sorry!

Back