Axpona

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious if any of our Chicago-based members are attending the Axpona show going on this weekend? Would love to hear your impressions of any interesting new gear. I'm particularly interested in impressions of the new PS Audio Directstream DAC if you get a chance to listen to it.

I see that ML is listed for Rms 1241 and 1242. What are they demo'ing?

Also, would love to hear some opinions re the new JansZen zA1.1 (stand mount) hybrid electrostatic speakers, if they are being demo'd.

*crickets chirping*

Oh well, I guess none of our Chicago members are active on the forum right now. I did find this interesting quote on another forum regarding Martin Logan's presence at the show:

"My other standout speakers were the Martin Logans. I am not sure which model, but they had a separate woofer and mid/tweeter panels. Unfortunately, the guy running the room was an obnoxious carnival barker type and talked more and played music less."

Link: http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1398367258/10#10

Another commenter agreed, saying: "Couldn't agree more about this dude. Geeze."

Sounds like ML needs to find another presenter who understands the purpose of these types of shows. Not exactly the type of impression you want to leave on potential customers. Just let the speakers "speak" for themselves.

*crickets chirping*

Oh well, I guess none of our Chicago members are active on the forum right now. I did find this interesting quote on another forum regarding Martin Logan's presence at the show:

Link: http://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1398367258/10#10

Another commenter agreed, saying: "Couldn't agree more about this dude. Geeze."

Sounds like ML needs to find another presenter who understands the purpose of these types of shows. Not exactly the type of impression you want to leave on potential customers. Just let the speakers "speak" for themselves.

Thanks for the link Rich... also of note.... you were interested in the DS from ps audio... Looks like the room was so bad it was difficult to tell based on the PS audio thread in that forum.....

Thanks for the link Rich... also of note.... you were interested in the DS from ps audio... Looks like the room was so bad it was difficult to tell based on the PS audio thread in that forum.....

Yeah, I saw that. Guess I'm just going to have to wait a few more weeks for the initial user reports. The first units are shipping now.

Good morning to all,

I wanted to comment real quick about Axpona. Rooms 1241 and 1242 were rooms from Audio Video Interiors of Chicago, a retail store, not from Martin Logan or McIntosh. These are the 2 brands that we wanted to showcase. In 1242 we had the CLX's with 2 Balanced Force 212 subwoofers. In 1241 we had 5 Montis with 2 JL F212 subwoofers. Both rooms used McIntosh electronics. While I know that the die hard 2 channel guys knew what speakers were being played and what electronics were being used, I would say that 90% of people that walked in the room had no idea what the speakers were. It became very clear that some sort of 3-5 minute educational speech on what we were doing was beneficial so that everyone coming through knew what was being demonstrated.

Back