ML auto power off

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadec22

Reaction score
got my aerius i's and love them. only annoying thing is when watching content where L&R content is inactive and they power off briefly. obviously doesn't harm anything but bothers my OCD. any way to trick them to staying on?

Hola Wadec22. Usually, your Aerius stays on without a signal for over 5 minutes. This is a good thing, because your stat panes are not energized when are not in use. Only the woofers stay on. When a signal is applied to the binding posts, the turn on and charging the panels last about 15 seconds. If you keep playing continuously, they should be on. Happy listening!

If you post up the schematic for the music sensor circuit in the Aerius (which is prob a lot like the one in SL3, attached), someone might tell you which capacitors set the delay time before turn off. Then double or triple their value, and they will stay on longer....

ML SL3 HV PS.jpg

Last edited:
I flick mine to the radio output to keep them turned on till I can get back to them
like if you need the loo or someone rings up

Just a guess, C5 and C6. Both are 100uF 16V - could try 220uF 16-25V

Or I suppose if you wanted them to stay on for good, you could connect the top of R12 to the Vcc terminal of the lm324A op amp.

Back