Panel position/listening

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Doing the flash light setup I noticed that the beam is reflecting on the bottom portion of the summit els panel. Seems kind of low what is the ideal area of the panel you should be listening to? Thanks

I'd check the panel azimuth.

Sounds like it could be greater than 90 degrees.

FWIW, I've found perpendicular or slightly "laid back" will give you the best performance.

Make sure both panels are set at the exact same angle.

GG

I recently purchased a pair of Ethos. I am still adjusting placement. It seems to me that I keep "seeing" the performers very close to the ground - rather than in front of me. I have hardwood floors and am using the rubber feet (not spikes) as they came out of the box (turned all the way in). I'm thinking that I need to adjust the speaker angle (relative to the horizon/floor) to be closer to 90 degrees to bring the performers closer to eye/ear level (when seated). However, it's also pretty clear to me that the speakers are designed to be angled "up", so I'd be defeating some aspect of the design. Am I approaching this correctly?

Hi ags, I have a pair of Ethos set up with their normal backward lean and the soundstage images are mostly at eye level or above. However, that's in my room and you are correct that you should experiment with all aspects of location till you get the sound right. I suggest you get some rugs to put in front of the speakers because sound bouncing off your hardwood floors may be pulling the image down.

the problem is that you need to raise the image and cames from hard reflecting backwalls, cover the wall behind the loudspeakers starting from floor and between them with 2" fiber glass panels and then you will see the image will raise

Back