Shun Mook

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonzo, you are much more eloquent than I am.

Beanbag, I honestly don't mean any offense, but I think you may sound a little like a broken record. Just a little. :) I know you disagree with me (and others), and that's fine by me. It's just that a few of us want to talk about shun Mook M'pingo disks, bi-wiring, power cords, etc... without having a Darth Vader fight to the death, or death by tray.lol

Beanbag, I honestly don't mean any offense, but I think you may sound a little like a broken record. Just a little. :) I know you disagree with me (and others), and that's fine by me. It's just that a few of us want to talk about shun Mook M'pingo disks, bi-wiring, power cords, etc... without having a Darth Vader fight to the death, or death by tray.lol

Exactly - I don't mean any offense either, but if we say we enjoy something musical, please either choose to try it or not, but don't ask us to measure it on every thread. I think you missed the modded minis one by the way

Everyone, if I'm out of line, please let me know and I'll Pipe Down right away. :) BIG Smiles

In my opinion, you have crossed the line from discussing ideas and opinions into discussing ME.

Edit: And all I did was **** all over SM's fraudulent pseudo scientific claims and their extraordinarily bad use of "data". I haven't even gotten around to commenting on the disks themselves. And I definitely did not make any comments as to what I thought of their users. So let's not project.

Last edited:

I don't start fights - I only express unpopular opinions, LOL.

I haven't yet made any claims about the measurability of the SMDs, but I will claim that anything real is measurable and vice versa.

You can't have it both ways. Dog chasing the tail.

Last edited:
I think this definition is relevant:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Source: Wikipedia

When someone repeatedly posts on threads on certain topics, not because he has any real interest in the topic being discussed, but solely to discredit the opinions of others posting with a genuine interest in the topic, and he repeatedly demeans the opinions of those posters with not so subtle sarcastic putdowns, that person is a troll, pure and simple. Expressing a contrary opinion on a topic is one thing. Doing it incessantly within a thread and across multiple threads in an attempt to create controversy, and going out of your way to demean others in the process, that is no longer contrarianism. That is trolling.

Kedar, do you think your thread will ever get back on track? I enjoyed the discussion before it degenerated into hostilities.

Last edited:
Bernard can you pass your port around, will help people chill.

Back from listening to the kingsound king, didn't like them.

I agree! I don't know if I'm imagining it, but whenever this adversarial gloom sets in, I see there are a lot of regular contributors that stop posting.

I agree! I don't know if I'm imagining it, but whenever this adversarial gloom sets in, I see there are a lot of regular contributors that stop posting.
Julian, you are not imagining it. This is just a hobby, and should be fun. When a troll butts into a discussion, and is nothing but an irritant, I (and others) step back in order to not provide fodder to the troll; a troll will use anything as fodder (including this post, I imagine).

Bernard can you pass your port around, will help people chill.

Back from listening to the kingsound king, didn't like them.
Kedar, sorry, but I'm all out of port. Ship me a case from Fortnum and Mason's.

Beanbag is a good quality troll, IMHO. We should respect him for it. Kedar - send him some Fortnum's port.

Beanbag is a good quality troll, IMHO. We should respect him foin the roomr it. Kedar - send him some Fortnum's port.

It takes one to know one.

Will send him if he promises not to repeat like a broken record or play smartest guy in the room

Nah send him some Kingsound electrostatics if he won't repent. That'll teach him:)

We're worse than beanbag is with this sort of posting TBH. We are all trolls at heart.

Speak for yourself Justin.

There's appropriate internet protocol and then there's not.

"A good quality troll"? I'm glad you enjoy his posts. Seems like you are in a very small minority. Fan club of one and still counting.

Gordon

Well, I think at least some challenge to products like the Shun Mook discs is absolutely warranted, Gordon.

If there is anything likely to cause upset it is threads like these for products that claim benefits without any decent scientific explanation.

It is that simple.

So beanbag did it. If it wasn't beanbag, it might have been Ethan. Who does it isn't so important as at least someone having the guts to do it. For that, he deserves some respect.

I hope the elucidates matters for you to some extent, Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back