townshend stella stands under summit x

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well been using these for a bit now and they really do make the sound more real . I am reluctant to take off the spikes as I might damage them getting them in the holes and they adjust the height .

they also look rather good , p.s they are mounted on wood otherwise the feet dig in to the carpet and make movement impossible

Ok………not trying to bust your bubble but looks are subjective and I think they look ridiculous, with that being said, given the pics you've posted your Logan's are position horribly ! Way too close to room boundaries, so IMO, you would be much better served to correct that first.

Bottom line is this, if your using stats, planers or anything dipole correct speaker placement first and foremost……..anything else is a 'bandaid' !!

I have been to his room, there is not much space to pull it forward so he has done what he can, also put some traps behind

Yes, the legs of the speaker, above the spikes

Since the Stella/speaker will be placed on a tile floor, do I also need to put anything (e.g. piece of carpet, wood, ...) underneath the Stella or there is no need for anything else?

Ok………not trying to bust your bubble but looks are subjective and I think they look ridiculous, with that being said, given the pics you've posted your Logan's are position horribly ! Way too close to room boundaries, so IMO, you would be much better served to correct that first.

Bottom line is this, if your using stats, planers or anything dipole correct speaker placement first and foremost……..anything else is a 'bandaid' !!

ah sadly one has to compromise in a domestic situation , I do have sounding absorbing material behind and have them out as much as possible and they still spound fabulous but if you want to have your wife let you keep them you have to compromise !!

hifi, again, understood, hopefully the day will come when yo can have the room to 'let them sing' !!

ah sadly one has to compromise in a domestic situation , I do have sounding absorbing material behind and have them out as much as possible and they still spound fabulous but if you want to have your wife let you keep them you have to compromise !!

That's so funny! A couple of nights ago, my better half and I were at my brother and his wife's house for dinner. Carrie (mine) and Nicole (brother's) began speaking about decoration of our respective homes. I had offered Carrie every square foot of the condominium except the living room, which is only slightly larger than the bedrooms, but has no neighbor shared walls. I thought I was being a real king among men with my generous offer. After the two girls spoke though, it was abundantly clear how unfair I was being.lol.

Does anyone else find that their music hobby is sometimes looked upon as a very odd, borderline nutty addiction? I don't smoke ($11.00 per pack in B.C.) and I bought a very small and inexpensive car, so I figure I should be able to have this harmless and fun hobby instead, right? There are worse addictions, certainly ;)

That's so funny! A couple of nights ago, my better half and I were at my brother and his wife's house for dinner. Carrie (mine) and Nicole (brother's) began speaking about decoration of our respective homes. I had offered Carrie every square foot of the condominium except the living room, which is only slightly larger than the bedrooms, but has no neighbor shared walls. I thought I was being a real king among men with my generous offer. After the two girls spoke though, it was abundantly clear how unfair I was being.lol.

Does anyone else find that their music hobby is sometimes looked upon as a very odd, borderline nutty addiction? I don't smoke ($11.00 per pack in B.C.) and I bought a very small and inexpensive car, so I figure I should be able to have this harmless and fun hobby instead, right? There are worse addictions, certainly ;)
My wife bought me a Koetsu Rosewood for Christmas one year, and was the instigator in my buying my MLs and one other component. She finds it terrible when a wife has unilateral say about what goes into a living/music room (and where). We discuss the placement of components and her plants, and come to a compromise.

I do have sounding absorbing material behind

What are using? I've made 5'x2' by 4" thick panels from insulation. But need to design something more efficient especially for stopping bass transferring to the room above, suggestions welcome :music: and no my friend don't say a bungalow :ROFL:

Mine was on a carpet, but you can experiment.

Hi bonzo,

How do you order a pair of Stella in the US?

Also from their website: The singular Seismic Load Cell is available with seven different weight capacities.

Did you have to choose a special weight from their chart or the one they make for Summit is standard?

I believe the stand is specially made for summit , it has a big hole in the middle for the driver

re the sound absorbing panels , I made them from a wood frame , high density insulation and 2.99 pounds worth of beige bedsheets !!! cheapest tweak yet
in fact my wife did not notice them for weeks !

I believe the stand is specially made for summit , it has a big hole in the middle for the driver

re the sound absorbing panels , I made them from a wood frame , high density insulation and 2.99 pounds worth of beige bedsheets !!! cheapest tweak yet
in fact my wife did not notice them for weeks !

Is that Roxul ComfortBoard IS?! They look good to me. I used the same insulation, and some beige drapes I had lying around.
My girlfriend has some great printed on Canvas Photos that she took, which I will insulate. That's our compromise.

well been using these for a bit now and they really do make the sound more real . I am reluctant to take off the spikes as I might damage them getting them in the holes and they adjust the height .

they also look rather good , p.s they are mounted on wood otherwise the feet dig in to the carpet and make movement impossible

Hello hifinutt,

Very interesting setup you have.

I also have a Summit X and I was wondering if you can help me out:

1) can you please discripe the difference in sound after you have place them on these stands?
2) did you try to raise them at this height with anything else other than these stands to see if the stands made the difference in sound?
3) it looks that they are also has slope forward, can you please tell me why? What did you solve or achieve?
4) any other recommendations welcome....

Best Regards

Christos

hi christos , my son is a marvellous pair of ears and he said they sound cleaner
when bonzo came up to hear they did have a slight bloomy bass perhaps , now it is a sharp well defined bass
also I swear they are more realistic sounding and definitely a big improvement

I never tried anything else to raise them up but previously I did have them fairly high on chopping boards so not a huge increase in height

I have them as upright as possible with a slight slope backwards , I think the pics are deceptive

hi christos , my son is a marvellous pair of ears and he said they sound cleaner
when bonzo came up to hear they did have a slight bloomy bass perhaps , now it is a sharp well defined bass
also I swear they are more realistic sounding and definitely a big improvement

I never tried anything else to raise them up but previously I did have them fairly high on chopping boards so not a huge increase in height

I have them as upright as possible with a slight slope backwards , I think the pics are deceptive

Thanks hifinut, helpful enough.

I read in another threat regarding the weight of the Summits on those stands (the second picture shows that the back of the speaker is heavier than the front part).
Is that an issue or it doesn't make any difference in the sound quality?

as far as I can tell it makes no difference . I simply raise the back screws a bit
I am so impressed with these I am buying them !

Latest posts

Back