21st Century Energy Production

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InterMechanico

Reaction score
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting too. After 100 years of nuclear energy, it is beyond me why we are still unable to harness this energy safely.

Considering the amount of time and money that has been put towards Fusion Reactor research, it would seem they should have it figured by now. The fact that they're still trying is promising, though. If I'm lucky, I might even see the first self-sustaining reactor in my lifetime (I'm 30 years old).

Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting too. After 100 years of nuclear energy, it is beyond me why we are still unable to harness this energy safely.

Producing energy should not create harmful to life by products.

IMO, the most promising in the sense of clean and renewable is solar and wind energy.

If advanced nations direct their efforts or research at improving solar and wind energy hardware
Then may be tangible success can be realized sooner and with less total expense.

IMO, so many countries leading scientists and huge amount of funds to build a thermonuclear reactor instead of more efficient solar panels or wind mills. Why? Possibly to be able to miniaturize such a reactor for space travel in the distant future. Nuclear reactors are used to provide thrust for submarines.

tell me what is efficient about solar and wind when the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine ?

Diversity with respect to energy production is key IMO…………. remember this, more lives have been lost in the last ten years in North America with respect to oil and coal than in the HISTORY of nuclear energy production.

Solar and wind have their place but they are not 'the' answer.

tell me what is efficient about solar and wind when the wind doesn't blow and the sun doesn't shine ?

Diversity with respect to energy production is key IMO…………. remember this, more lives have been lost in the last ten years in North America with respect to oil and coal than in the HISTORY of nuclear energy production.

Solar and wind have their place but they are not 'the' answer.

You have a point about the wind not blowing and sun not shining. Though this handicap can be overcome by installing added capacity which serves to recharge electric battery's during day when the sun shines and the wind blows. Electric battery can be used to provide power during night or when wind is not blowing.

Having said this I do agree that diversity in energy production may be the answer. It's tragic so many human lives have been lost related to oil and coal due to coal minning, environmental disaster and wars fought over oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back