I'm a little nervous... advice and wisdom needed...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thegainster

Reaction score
I just spent all my saved money (that I intended to use for this repair) to pay for a new panel on a very young Vista. It was allot. I have been reading about all the issues with ML and there new parent company. I'm having thoughts of jumping ship and going with a cone based system that will hold up better with time... that is my thought anyway... I have two pair of 40+ year old speakers that are still singing along with just minimal maintenance. Nothing that will cost me $900.00 each to fix!!!

Please calm me with your wisdom and experience and prevent me from selling them because they pi%#ed me off. I love the ML openness but am afraid I may have to go another year+ saving money if they go down again. I have replaced a panel and a woofer so far.

I run a Mac MC7100 and a Marantz MR19 pre... simple simple setup.

It will be amazing to hear that ML openness and vocal midrange once again.....

Thanks.

properly cared for the panel should last well beyond six years.

I would still contact Martin Logan over this since they have just gone off warranty. Maybe they would give you a break on the panels to keep a customer. That's what I would do before forking out for panels after 6 years. Ask the question, what can you do for me?

properly constructed and cared for the panel should last well beyond six years.

fixed that for you, Dave. :)

Hola. How do you know that the problem is the panel? Could be something else, like the PSU (power supply unit). This PSU, makes the panel not to sing. No sound at all. Many customers believe that the culprit is the panel, but it is not. When you have a panel issue, usually part of the panel is dead or lost the highs...my 2 cents. Happy listening!

properly constructed and cared for the panel should last well beyond six years.

fixed that for you, Dave. :)

I have been a big fan and supporter of you since I joined. I read here allot. I agree with you on many points...

I'm can't afford to go thru this again! I love ML and saved for years to get here.

I would still contact Martin Logan over this since they have just gone off warranty. Maybe they would give you a break on the panels to keep a customer. That's what I would do before forking out for panels after 6 years. Ask the question, what can you do for me?

Did that... ask Rich what happened... :)

Hola. How do you know that the problem is the panel? Could be something else, like the PSU (power supply unit). This PSU, makes the panel not to sing. No sound at all. Many customers believe that the culprit is the panel, but it is not. When you have a panel issue, usually part of the panel is dead or lost the highs...my 2 cents. Happy listening!

About 60% of the panel is dead... I switched and same same...

I'm going to be the only one in my block... maybe in America with a $900.00 Martin Logan Jasmine garden!!! I'll post pics...:)

Did that... ask Rich what happened... :)

Exactly! Welcome to the new ML! Smaller, lighter, and a lot less durable. And customer service to die for (literally).

I feel for you. This is an incredibly frustrating experience.

Don't know the physics but sound comes from just 30-40% of the middle of the left panel.

Have you checked to see if on of the wires that power the panel has detached?

There is a guy who repairs them for a reasonable price, but I don't know his name. sorry. I'll try to find out.

Thegainster, I'm confused. Have you already replaced one Vista panel and now is the other panel playing up? I think you discussed this before...

I opened the box and got the instructions out along with a cup of hot tea to sit and read thru to get a mental picture of the steps to take in the replacement... smack in the middle of the read... three pages are missing..:musicnote:

Back