Vantage speaker grill rattle

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colleyj

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of Vantage speakers, heard them in the dealers, did not hear a problem
When installed at home I have a considerable rattle at about 310-330hz from one speaker at low volume, the other speaker will do the same but needs a bit more volume,
Have swapped channels no difference, tried another pre amp no change, put my old vandersteen's back on and no sign of a problem.
It seems to be radiating around the cross beam between the panel and woofer grill.
I bought these from a dealer and he has no trouble in taking them back but I would like to keep them if there was any easy fix.
All bolts and screws are tight .
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue on and off with my Vistas, which are identical pane-wise. It hasn't bothered me enough to call ML, but I'm sure there's a quick fix if you call their service dept.

Welcome, by the way.

Thanks for the welcome,
Had a call from the dealer I bought them off, says he had contacted ML and it was a known problem, apparently there is a piece that sits between the panel and cabinet that can crack, he has ordered two and will come and fit them. Nice to have a good dealer close (Midland Audio Exchange) for those of you in the UK and the midlands.

Thanks for the welcome,
Had a call from the dealer I bought them off, says he had contacted ML and it was a known problem, apparently there is a piece that sits between the panel and cabinet that can crack, he has ordered two and will come and fit them. Nice to have a good dealer close (Midland Audio Exchange) for those of you in the UK and the midlands.

I'm glad you've received a favorable response. I experienced the problem last night at length, so I think i'll give ML an email as well.

update

Just an update for anybody experiencing the same problem, after the parts arrived and the dealer came to replace them we found it was actually the bottom plate that holds the panel that had failed. So now another 10 days but the dealer came back next day with a loaner pair of mls and took mine off for repair. We need to support good dealers, it is worth paying a bit extra for the goods to have service like this.

Back