Who has heard Magico and what can you tell me about them?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anthony,

Totally agree. Another serious contender for consideration.

If I recall, other MLO members heard these at a past RMAF show and felt the same.

GG

I haven't heard either the 05/805 or 05/211 combo with MLs, but I have heard them with other speakers. I found the presentations very pleasing, to the point I could easily live with either, and I'm not a tube amp fan by any stretch.

Yeah, if I go with MLs this time - I'm going to get the amps that I really wanted to get before. 805 or 211 for me this time around. And then I'll get my old 05 back.

Probably try some ARCs too this time.

Joey, I had given some serious consideration to the Joseph Audio Pulsars. Fantastic speakers really.

That being said, I recently pulled the trigger on a set of the KEF LS-50's that Gordon mentioned above, and I have got to be honest, they are nothing short of amazing in my (admittedly small) room.

I'm going through a pretty major system overhaul right now, trying to simplify without giving up anything with regard to sound quality. I'm running the LS-50's without a sub right now and they had at times overloaded the room with bass depending on the recording. I had been running them off of a cheap Denon receiver for awhile, but recently replaced that with a very nice integrated one box solution (Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated), that has really put a clamp on things (amazing what a real component with a great power supply and high damping factor can do). For $1500.00 I can't recommend them highly enough, and even if you somehow felt they were lacking in some regard you could always use them in a damn good "office" system. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out on anything right now...

Attachments

• DSC05329.jpg
    DSC05329.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC05320.jpg
    DSC05320.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC05328.jpg
    DSC05328.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Joey, I had given some serious consideration to the Joseph Audio Pulsars. Fantastic speakers really.

That being said, I recently pulled the trigger on a set of the KEF LS-50's that Gordon mentioned above, and I have got to be honest, they are nothing short of amazing in my (admittedly small) room.

I'm going through a pretty major system overhaul right now, trying to simplify without giving up anything with regard to sound quality. I'm running the LS-50's without a sub right now and they had at times overloaded the room with bass depending on the recording. I had been running them off of a cheap Denon receiver for awhile, but recently replaced that with a very nice integrated one box solution (Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated), that has really put a clamp on things (amazing what a real component with a great power supply and high damping factor can do). For $1500.00 I can't recommend them highly enough, and even if you somehow felt they were lacking in some regard you could always use them in a damn good "office" system. I honestly don't feel like I'm missing out on anything right now...

Tim did you get rid of your ML system?

Tim did you get rid of your ML system?

Hi Joey! No, I haven't parted with my CLS's, but I have sold some equipment and have more on the block. I pulled the system apart when we painted our house, but missed having a good system to listen to while we determine how to finish our basement. That prompted the purchase of the LS-50's and subsequently the Peachtree Grand Integrated. This setup sounds good enough that it allowed me to think about what a more minimal system might be comprised of. Who knows where I'll eventually end up, but as I'd mentioned above, at this point I don't feel like I've taken a step backwards, more like sideways.

Tim, welcome back!

Thanks Bernard. I've been around, just kind of on the sidelines. I've been on the road so much I haven't been able to spend a lot of time here. Things are slowing down a bit now, so I hope to be more of a presence again.

Back