Aeon bolt torque settings

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegwill

Reaction score
Hi guys
I've been reading about a tweak where you replace steel woofer mounting bolts with brass ones. It is described as a cheap and a very effective tweak. However before carrying it out it is recommended that you torque the new brass bolts to the original factory settings. Does anybody know what those settings would be or are they just tightened with adequate pressure? so they are tight.

Many thanks
Regards

Hi Guys
Just to follow up on my previous post. I contacted ML direct and they confirmed that they do not use any torque settings when securing the driver. Here's what they actually said

" We don’t have a torque spec for these, but I would tighten the bolts in much the same way one would tighten lug nuts. ( tighten one, than skip across 180 degrees, etc.) These just need to be snug and not over-tightened so as not to strip out."

Hope this helps. I've yet to try replacing the steel screws.
Regards

Wow, if going from steel to brass is an effective tweak, imagine going to aluminum, or better still, nylon! (Also make sure you try stainless....)

Hi guys
I've been reading about a tweak where you replace steel woofer mounting bolts with brass ones. It is described as a cheap and a very effective tweak. However before carrying it out it is recommended that you torque the new brass bolts to the original factory settings. Does anybody know what those settings would be or are they just tightened with adequate pressure? so they are tight.

Many thanks
Regards

Sorry, I didn't see this one. First off, I think that the only place you'll find that specification is from ML. Having said that, You could be confident that you've torqued the fasteners to the acceptable specification if your use standard specifications, and an even bolt torque pattern when tightening (star pattern would be acceptable) Here is a link to standard torque specs by grade of bolt. Please refer to the spec for the brass fasteners.

http://www.engineersedge.com/torque_table_sae.htm

Latest posts

Back