System #476 (Sequel 2)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris K

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Krzysztof ( Chris ) :)

2. Location: Portlaoise Co. Laois Ireland

3. ML Model(s): Martin Logan Odyssey

4. Year Purchased: 2014

5. Mods/Changes: No

6. Associated Electronics: Accuphase P-300 Accuphase C-200 Accuphase T-100 Onkyo DX-7711( transport for DAC )Tube Output DAC

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience: Great invention ...

8. An image of your system.

Last edited:
Chris, you need to move the baby's playpen over so as to get the proper stereo balance !

Hi Chris, nice System and :welcome: to our corner of the internet!

Yes, nice system indeed. My first set of Logan's were Sequel II's as well, so seeing yours brings back some fond memories.

Can you post some close up's of you Accuphase gear? They've always been one of my favorites.

Hi MiTT,
Accuphase E303x has about 30 years is one of the best in the history of the Accuphase but it is not good for ML unfortunately. Better sound with Accuphase E450 DIY Clone, it just fits more into the ML. I ordered the DAC Matrix X saber see if something will change. I heard that the best choice will be to the ML Sequel strong tube amplifier ...

Small change in the system. Step by step right true dream Neolith :rolleyes:

ML Odyssey
Accuphase P-300
Accuphase C-200
Accuphase T-100
Onkyo DX-7711( transport for DAC )
Tube Output DAC

Last edited:
Hola Chris. Nice system...I would move a little bit forward the Odysseys, to allow the back woofers to breath. This also will kill one bass note. I assume that you have them this way, because you do not want to disturb the look of your beautiful place. When you are playing the music, just bring them about 8 inches forward, and you will get better stage with better bass integration overall. (Just thinking loud) Enjoy your beautiful system! Happy listening!

Hola Chris. Nice system...I would move a little bit forward the Odysseys, to allow the back woofers to breath. This also will kill one bass note. I assume that you have them this way, because you do not want to disturb the look of your beautiful place. When you are playing the music, just bring them about 8 inches forward, and you will get better stage with better bass integration overall. (Just thinking loud) Enjoy your beautiful system! Happy listening!

I'm try already and bass is so much better...
Thanks Roberto

Just thinking do I should use different amplifier ? Accuphase P-300 working in 4-8 Ohm but Odyssey working even in 1 Ohm sometimes. Not sure or that is good for old Accuphase. That amp has new electrolytic capacitors but still I have worries.

Chris, while the panels drop to an ohm, it's at such a high freq level where little content is present I for one wouldn't worry about it.

BTW, go back to the first page and update your system (pics and info)

Chris...do not worry about specs. Do your ears tell you that something is wrong? These are the judges that you have to follow. Trust them! Out there are many power amplifier brands that can not handle the capacitive load, and their specs are like a Bible! Best harmonic distortion, best S/N, best frequency response, etc, etc... and when you set it up, the sound is harsh, irritant, lack of stage, size of the instruments are odd, no air between the instruments, you name it.

Remember that the 1 ohm spec at our ML panel, happens only a very high frequency. Circa the 20KHz!

Of course it is important to be able to have all the audio spectrum, but tell us, do you like the sound of a violin? A trumpet? How about a cello? Cymbals? Percussion instruments? If everything is reproduced, do not worry about specs. Some members here are always worried about specs. Specs are meaning less. Your ears tell!!! not the specs. Again, my best advise, is trust your ears. Happy listening!

Latest posts

Back