MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I am a long time audiophile with admittedly a lot to learn. I found this site while searching for hints on speaker placement for my Theos, and have already learned alot regarding room setup. I do notice that many of the high end setups have much of the electronics (other than amplifier) and turntable on the sidewall or significantly behind the speakers. Any thoughts from the gang. I suspect some longer interconnects from my preamp to amp are in my future. Thank you

Welcome Eric, ideally you want as little as possible between your speakers. The interference to the image can be quite substantial with sound waves bouncing off different surfaces.

From what I have read the first choice would be side wall not in a corner. That said if you have a room that is long enough and can place equipment well behind your mains, say 4', that may not be a problelm. Lastly down very low in between mains but for some of us bending down is beginning to not look as attractive as it once was.

There will always be a preference and debate whether longer speaker or interconnect cabling is preferable so you will have to try both to see yours. Mine is longer balanced interconnects.

Enjoy your Theos and let us know what you decide. You also need to add pics in the members area if you haven't already.

Followup response

Welcome Eric, ideally you want as little as possible between your speakers. The interference to the image can be quite substantial with sound waves bouncing off different surfaces.

From what I have read the first choice would be side wall not in a corner. That said if you have a room that is long enough and can place equipment well behind your mains, say 4', that may not be a problelm. Lastly down very low in between mains but for some of us bending down is beginning to not look as attractive as it once was.

There will always be a preference and debate whether longer speaker or interconnect cabling is preferable so you will have to try both to see yours. Mine is longer balanced interconnects.

Enjoy your Theos and let us know what you decide. You also need to add pics in the members area if you haven't already.
Brad-appreciate your thoughts. Will get to the camera later and add some pics.
Eric

Eric, Welcome to the fold. I echo Brad's sentiments.

Latest posts

Back