Center channel to match amp & fronts

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Reaction score
I will retire in April, downsize and relocate. As a result I must now have combination HT and two channel. It is bittersweet to say the least, going from separate HT, two channel, vintage and giving up my beloved vinyl but rather now than at my estate sale.
My plan is to go minimalist. I am converting/buying all my music to digital and storing on a hard drive and probably doing cloud storage with a copy. For playback and control I have purchased the Oppo 105 as it has playback for virtually all formats and has an easy conversion from 5.1 to 2.0. The fronts will be my Puritys. Since they contain internals amps I would like to find other internal amped components. Other than that I have no other speakers currently purchased.
The rear channels will be some sort of fully powered/amplified computer type speaker. I am not too worried about qualityfor the rears since I mainly use 5.1 for video and sound quality isnt that important there compared to fronts and center.
For the center I would love to use the Feature since it is internally amped but after looking for several months on the usual sites I have not been able to locate one. I do have one half of a Marantz 16 paired monobloc that I could use as the power amp if I mus get a center that required a separate amp.. If you are not familiar with the 16 they are rated at 75 RMS (mine test out about 85) and is a rock solid quality piece.
For sub I am going to wait and see. The retirment house is only 950 sq ft with tile floors and stucco wall in an open floor plan so I may not need one. Certainly a very "live" environments so I plsn on listening a bit and deciding later.
The only other factor is voltage. I will be moving to Spain so line is 220. There are a multitude of voltage converters available in Spain but are there potential problems with electrostats and transformers?
Any input is welcome. Best regards to all.

Back