To martin logan or not ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's OK...Please contact Dana Brown, he will guide you to trouble shoot better the problem with your Stage. Happy listening!

Man I hope it's the panel cuz that's what there sending me to replace . But thanks for the info I will contact him if replacing the panel doesn't work.

The panel can not produce distortion... I should read this before...contact him or PM me, together, we can solve your issue easy...happy listening!

I received replacement panel but I am going to troubleshoot with Roberto first before replacing . I just have not had time to do anything. I have been out of town hopefully soon I can get to it. Will update later on.

If all goes well with this center do you guys think a pair of scripts on wall as mains would work with this center ?
Or what will ? How about two older cinemas logos etc.. Centers . Would those work as mains wall mounted in vertical position. Is my only real option 2 more stages?

Last edited:
Scripts would be a great choice - assuming you can find a pair that have been well looked after.

I don't see why they wouldn't blend. It would be nice to have a listen before buying but that's not aways possible. If you buy some Scripts and the match didn't suit you, you could always sell them for virtually what you pay for them - it's worth a try.

Ok guys this is very disappointing I replaced the panel and nothing there is still distortion :( but I was expecting that would be the case since Roberto and Khenegar had already told me it wouldn't be the panel . I don't want to give up on this center but return date is getting close . I am gonna contact Scott tomorrow . I now know that the toroidal power transformer is the problem.

Ok I sent speaker in to be repaired. We shall see what happens.

A question about the scripts. They seem to be rather old now I know there is the newer model but the price is right on the older ones. But since they are so old is it risky buying a pair ? And What kind of track record/panel lifespan do they have ?

There is a pair of Scripts for sale on that #Bay site. A dealer says they were going to be demos in the past and never were used. He is asking $798. That would be a great price if they are unused

Yeah I saw those I am just concerned about the age of these speakers since they are electrostatic speakers. If they were conventional speakers I wouldn't be so concerned.
Not sure if that's a valid concern?

Last edited:
Still waiting to get back my center . But I purchased a pair of scripts that should be here by Thursday . Any recommendations on how to install them ? How high off ground ? What area on speaker should be at ear level etc..

For now they will be my mains up front . Due to the space I need to stick with on walls. Also are they real power hungry speakers ?

You should place them the same as other ML panels.
Your ear should be at the center of the panel.
If they need to be above or below your ear adjust the angle so your ear is at the middle and the same distance from the top and bottom of the panel.

Well it's been a few weeks now since I sent in my stage center for repair and Iam still waiting :( hopefully I will get it back this week.

Stage should be here by Wednesday :) I have a pair of scripts that I have wall mounted waiting to accompany it . The scripts have given me a little trouble to setup but for now I have them sounding pretty good. I need a stronger amp to push them better.

Back