M/L Stage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
Noticed today that the left bass driver is not working In my stage ! Put the system in mono and it still showed up as not playing. Any suggestions? Thanks

I would try removing the woofer in question and check the resistance with an ohm meter across the two terminals disconnected.

#zero: I have had it apart before and it's quite a chore, I emailed martin logan but they were out today I will let you know what they come up with. Thanks for the reply.

Same advice as Zero, take it apart and test the driver. Could be as simple as a loose connection to the driver, a lose connection from the Xover board (so check that while it's open).

Worst case, blown woofer and a simple drop-in replacement once you get a new driver.

What crossover frequency do you use for the center?

I've found that one needs to cross over much higher than you'd expect, given how much load is placed on the center channel. 80Hz at 24/dB/Octave is minimum for a Stage IMHO.

As a data point, even with six high-power, extended frequency response mid-bass drivers (some even used them as subs) in the center line-array, I cross over my center at 80Hz.

Last edited:
Stage

I opened up the stage and found that both wires going to the left bass driver were broken underneath the clear plastic protector. Hard to see at first but noticed after close inspection. Bought some connectors at radio shack install them closed up the stage now it's working as before. Thanks for all the suggestions. JonGo: I am crossing it over at 80hz.

Khenegar, good to hear that it was a simple connection problem. Enjoy some movies ;)

Back