An ML alternative

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
For those with cash to burn, I heard these today - haven't heard the Liszt, which costs 120k, but heard the Chopin @30k, and this is seriously good. I played ACDC, Led Zep, Dylan, Clapton, Beethoven, Norah Jones, some audiophile stuff, and it plays all with ease. Throws sound out to you like the stats, is more clear, better bass, and when it gets harsh it's easier to tolerate. Unfortunately no cheaper alternatives or used market

http://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/Company/Cessaro

I been looking for some nice surrounds to match with my Montis speakers, but they look a little too obtrusive :)

The Cessarios I have heard are very easy going. I'd be a bit wary of getting bored with them on rock though, due to lack of excitement factor. I prefer the Avantgardes TBH. Trios and basshorns are outstanding. Maybe you'll hear some at Munich.

I heard the avantgarde trios, and liked them. I posted a pic on this forum. I think I liked the cessaros more. My reference recordings are mainly led zeppelin, and then some acdc.

I listened to the Tune audio at BD audio today, and loved those as well. The drums on those are much better, though the midrange on the cessaros is slightly better.

Fyi, GT audio wasn't set up to play my music, just his. But horns will be the way I go when I decide not to put money down on a property deposit, but info hifi. One thing is for sure, box speakers are the biggest con game in hifi

Been round to Jack's then?:) Actually I think I read somewhere you'd heard the Trios - maybe it was here - I just forgot.

The Marvels are OK, but not much in the way of deep bass. The Animas really are good but very expensive again. Not heard the Primes.

The Trios need the basshorns to be at their best. Just stunning with those.

Last edited:
Yes, today - having a productive weekend with your Apogees tomorrow.

I liked only the Animas. The small ones not at all.

All good horns are expensive, not for me at this stage where I can invest the money elsewhere.

I think best bet might be to try the Avantgarde Omega Duos, the smaller ones.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79846937@N06/11610813833/

Yes, I had posted about the trios here

Back