Solved problem of vibrations going through to the flat below

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonzo

Reaction score
I bought anti vibration pads which are placed under Washing Machines to stop vibrations going through to the floor below. Placed an Auralex Gramma on top of that. Also tried placing a granite slab on top of the auralex. Both do the trick, but the I prefer the sound without the granite. Granite is a bit harsh and cuts bass short - feels like drums or piano notes are bing cut and not going through to full extension.

Good news.

Full range stats or planar magnetic speakers will be MUCH better in this regard, though, as they are high surface area and low excursion. What's more they don't fire downwards:)

Dynamic diver bass (high excursion) is incredibly room/wall penetrating by comparison.

Didn't understand the meaning of your last sentence. What is dynamic diver bass?

Also will a sub have better integration for the summits?

Btw tried the Auralic Vega, didn't like, too digital, thin sounding, the Dac 8 was much better. All the fuss because it is a DSD dac

I meant "driver" - using a wireless keyboard that drops some key presses. Summit uses long throw (high excursion) bass drivers.

I wouldn't bother with a sub with Summits, especially in your situation. My Descent used to really annoy my wife. My word does the bass from those things travel - big style.

Back