Hello, new owner here

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan000

Reaction score
I recently moved to clovis, ca. (Fresno county). Moving gave me a chance to buy new speakers and after a lot of reading and some listening I joined the Martin Logan family. I currently have the motion 40s with a motion 8 center. Originally I had bought a motion 30 but of course it does not fit in the space where I want it so I had to buy the motion 8. Anyway we are still settling in and I haven't hooked up anything yet but I can't wait to hear them! On a related note I have a motion 30 I'm trying to sell now. I can't wait to learn from you guys regarding set up.

Alan

thanks, Dave!

by the way, do you know if excessive heat is bad for the motion 8 that is sitting above my fireplace? Regarding the heat, I measured with a thermometer the temperature near above the mantle where the speaker sat and it was between 100 and 110 degrees. needless to say, it doesn't sit there anymore!

alan

thanks, Dave!

by the way, do you know if excessive heat is bad for the motion 8 that is sitting above my fireplace? Regarding the heat, I measured with a thermometer the temperature near above the mantle where the speaker sat and it was between 100 and 110 degrees. needless to say, it doesn't sit there anymore!

alan

good to have moved it, besides heat, fireplaces and their accompanying 'soot' are not good for speakers, especially our Logans !!

Back