Muraudio- omnidirectional electrostatic hybrid speakers

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Muraudio- omnidirectional hybrid electrostatic speakers

Just read about this (? new) Canadian speaker manufacturer offering an (MBL like) omnidirectional hybrid ESL design... http://www.muraudio.com/

These are active speakers featuring three woofers in a balanced triangular array, crossed over at ~400 Hz to the omnidirectional ESL section. Apparently retails for upwards of $40,000!

Would LOVE to hear a pair of these!

Now, we just need to get ML/Shoreview to buy them out, and bring down the price point!

Last edited:
I wonder how they repress the rear wave, anything they put there would be freq/dependant..?

I'd guess their 'Rear wave absorber' is a multilayered affair designed to progressively absorb down into the 300Hz region. So i'm guessing the middle of the HF cylinder is completely filled by that.

I wonder if they vent it via a transmission line. That's what I'd do if necessary to relieve pressure in the central chamber.

These look very intriguing, and I really like many of the concepts deployed.

Got to respect the engineering of the multi-plane curved ESL, covering both vertical and horizontal regions.

As many of you know, I've converted over the years to become a fan of monopole ESL, so I find this design headed in the right direction there.

Love that it's a full active, bi-amped design. Should play clean and to specs.

I'm not a big fan of omnis, but in the right room playing solo grand piano recordings, they are magical. These seem to be able to take the fight to MBL.

Would love to hear them in a good setup.

These look very intriguing, and I really like many of the concepts deployed.

Got to respect the engineering of the multi-plane curved ESL, covering both vertical and horizontal regions.

As many of you know, I've converted over the years to become a fan of monopole ESL, so I find this design headed in the right direction there.

Love that it's a full active, bi-amped design. Should play clean and to specs.

I'm not a big fan of omnis, but in the right room playing solo grand piano recordings, they are magical. These seem to be able to take the fight to MBL.

Would love to hear them in a good setup. I've converted over the years to become a fan of monopole ESL

why not The Bevs are mono-pol best imaging speaker I have ever spent time with.

I just found out that these guys are located in Ottawa, the same as me. I should check them out.

I wonder if they vent it via a transmission line. That's what I'd do if necessary to relieve pressure in the central chamber.

It's full of foam, Jon.

Also, from AudioAsylum:

"It's interesting but not a new concept. I first auditioned a 360 degree electrostatic array over thirty years ago. The rtr DR-1 was a product ahead of its time in many respects. Certainly not as polished as those Muraudio speakers, but exactly the same concept. And waaaay cheaper....even in 1979 dollars. :)"

I heard these(the original ones) in a nice sized room at Axpona two years ago. They were not there last year that I saw. I was impressed with the sound. The one big take away was the sweet spot was much larger then what I'm used too. They were kind of big for my room and I think the larger room at least for them was most needed. I don't see them on the Axpona list this year either. To me they were kind of odd looking but so are the CLX's for that matter.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the new (smaller) model in cherry. Like ML, they offer various paint color and veneer options.

5539ac_510eb5602e1f44c9b3b500d248e66a3f~mv2_d_1782_5364_s_2.webp

Last edited:
Back