can anyone recommend a repair shop for cls II's in the san francisco bay area?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djkimd

Reaction score
after living overseas for 10 years, now back in the usa, trying to resurrect cls II's.
find that the cls II power supplies need service,
smoking, likely caused by connection to a failed high current amp. prefer to deal with a local, san francisco peninsula shop. any suggestions appreciated. merci, daniel

Hola. First of all, you have to be sure that the power supplies are bad. There are 4 nuts that secure the top of the electronics. Just take it off, and look if the led red, at the middle of the PSU, (power supply unit) lites when signal is applied. Do not touch there, unless you find an open fuse. Usually the fuse holder is broken, or making the fuse, a faulty contact. Remember to unplug from the mains AC outlet from the wall, or power strip. Do you have a little stills with an electronic tester? If you do, PM and I will do my best to help you to find what the problem is. I think, that you might need a new panles, and the price for the replacement panels are high. They also, will have 5 years of the factory warranty. Happy listening!

Contact the folks at FutureSound in Burlingame (google them). They are a ML dealer and great to work with.. Maybe they know of someone local that can help.

djkimd, You might also try Ken Easley http://www.kenealeyaudio.com/ He rebuilds some amps and the interfaces for all versions of CLS's. I am currently on his waiting list for the rebuild on mine. At this time it is about a 3 month wait.
Currently he charges $660 for both interfaces plus shipping.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back