Electromotion ESL power brick

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

resprung

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I am wondering whether the Electromotion ESL power brick is universal.

This thread ascertained that the Stage's external power supply works with both US and European power.

Can anyone who has an Electromotion ESL brick handy, kindly check whether it says 100-240 V @ 50-60Hz.

Best, R

Hi guys!
I am wondering whether the Electromotion ESL power brick is universal.

This thread ascertained that the Stage's external power supply works with both US and European power.

Can anyone who has an Electromotion ESL brick handy, kindly check whether it says 100-240 V @ 50-60Hz.

Best, R

Yes, that's what it says on my Electromotion ESL power brick.

Best,

Larry

Hi Larry - thanks a lot!
This might provide a certain option for less flush Europeans wishing to get into ML.
Here in Denmark, a pair of matte black ESLs start at $4,000 at the dealers, and while I don't mind paying 50% above the US price, 100% makes me wonder :)
---
In case anyone is interested, here is an image of a Stage universal power brick, providing 1A at 15V DC

image.jpg

Yes, it is a switching power supply. There is no need to change the voltage input. Also, there are no transformer inside. That's the benefit of the switching power supply. Happy listening!

If I want to replace the switching power supplies of my Electromotion ESLs with a linear one: Can I provide 15V DC to both speakers from one supply (with say 2A capability), or do I need to separate the supplies?

Thanks a lot,
Achim

Back