ML Aerius - Power question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neville

Reaction score
I have my speakers plugged into a mains conditioner, which means that the are "in stanby" good to go when i power up JRiver, will this do the speakers any damage long term?

Hola Neville. I do not think so that a conditioner will cause any damage to the power supply of your speakers. It is wise to have a protection. Happy listening!

I was thinking more about the fact that they are never powered off, do you think this is an issue long term

I was thinking more about the fact that they are never powered off, do you think this is an issue long term

What model Aerius? Use the serial number decoder on this website and if they are pre-1994? (I think - but ML service can confirm) then they switch off the bias current when no music is playing anyway.

If they are pre-1994 then I would always ensure they are off when not playing so that you don't unnecessarily shorten your panel life.

They would attract more dust being powered all the time.

Hola. Have you seeing a red LED at the below the woofer? This red LED is on when the power supply is active. When it is off, then there is not high voltage at the panels. Happy listening!

Hola. Have you seeing a red LED at the below the woofer? This red LED is on when the power supply is active. When it is off, then there is not high voltage at the panels. Happy listening!

Hola Roberto,

Do you know if I can mount LEDs on my 1993 Aerius?
As far as I know there should be connectors on the power board to connect LEDs. If so have you or someone else got an idea what kind of LEDs (Volt, ampere, ...)?

Back