Anyone with experience using T+A Powerplant on ML?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huglan

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this forum but has been an ML owner for 19 years. Currently have SL3's Powered by Hegel H200. Not happy about this match, and the Hegels ability to handle the two dips below 1ohm for the SL3's. Have been recommended the German class D T+A Powerplant, as this is stated as being very stable at low impedance. Does anyone on this forum have experience with this amp? Other recommendations are Sanders Magtech and Parasound Halo A20, Primare i32, so any experience with these as well would be great. Or other recommendations in similar price range..

I've listened T + A Powerplant about a year ago. It has power, this is not a problem, but that's all, more or less. I did not listen Hegel, but it is highly unlikely that T+A would do the trick.
The sound is very digital (some of a surprise, actually), and for that - very bad. All music sounds coldish, somewhat coarse, colourless ... you get the point.

It's that bad, I'm afraid. Of course, you have to listen at least couple of hours, still better day or two.
One of the worst amplification that I've heard, especially if we take into account the price of the device.

Regarding the recommendations of something else, similar ... Lyngdorf SDAI 2175 is much better sounding amplifier (but I don't know is it still available). And even a device that I could recommend, since I've been (before approx. 3 years) very close to that of buying it.

Back